1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Hello all!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Psyloken, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Psyloken

Psyloken New Member

Hello all!

Just wanted to say hi and glad I could join you guys. This will be my first ever community in Starbound I have joined. So far been playing Starbound for about 2 days now, freaking love it! It's like minecraft... but not like minecraft and better!! I really love how there are races and how you can space travel and how there are SOOOO many things you can do and explore in.

A little about my gaming life past...
    I have played many MMO's including WoW, GW1 & 2, Eve Online, EQ1 & 2, Rift, and Lineage 2 to just name a few. But the ones I have RP'd in have been GW2, Lineage 2, and Eve Online. I have hosted guild size (about 15-20) events in GW2, and joined in on many other. I have also played DnD (back in the day) and did some DM'ing as well. But I am FAR from being an expert at RP. Granted my RP has came down a bit due to being a dad, but I am wanting to do some once again. I really like how Starbound is 100% unique to each player and it fits in a wonderful world of RP.

Really looking forward on hanging out with you guys and getting a chance to RP with you as well.

-Psyloken

2. Fenrous

Fenrous New Member

Welcome to the community Psyloken! You'll fit right in

3. Aromyl

Aromyl Mad Coder

I'm looking forward to encountering you in the near future possibly! If you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask. We don't bite (much)! Good luck and glad you're enjoying yourself :3

4. Psyloken

Psyloken New Member

Cool thanks! I love your toons too! Kind of neat with the swords on the back (or whatever it is).
    Btw where do I find you guys? What is the planet/Coordinates?

-Psyloken

5. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

i bite

Coords are found on their respective subforums. If a colony isn't displaying their coordinates it means the colony is private and you either have to apply for citizenship/a business permit or go about finding the coordinates some other way.

Common colonies people hang out at are Taranis, Liberty Mills, and Union. The Union coordinates can be found under the Marathon subforum.

Welcome to Antares. ;)

6. Spinach Pirate

Spinach Pirate The Adorable Spinach

WELCOME!
    Some of us may seem really strange,
    I for example have a spinach put into pajamas as my avatar.
    But we are a nice community, and we like new people!

7. Alyxx

Alyxx New Member

(Better late than never!)

Oi, welcome aboard this Hellhole Lovely comunity! I hope that you have an interesting time with us, and re-earn your superb RP'ing capabilities again! :3

And of course, with some little time, you'll learn all the wicked stuff that's running around, like the spinach in Pijamas from before, and the many other "Famous" people from this corner of the universe.

With the last addition of the classic "Feel free to ask anyone about anything", I shall crawl back into my corner.

*Insert here a Gif about a bird doing so*

8. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

Hello. I am the feared most boring person on the server. I am also a respective grammar Nazi.

9. Psyloken

Psyloken New Member

*mind is blown*
    Um, whoa! Wait there are colonies?!!?? How detailed is this??? Thats awesome!! Now I need to read up them and see what will fit best with my toon(s).

10. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

If that blew your mind, I fear for your health when you actually see them!

11. Psyloken

Psyloken New Member

Well I thought you guys where all in just one planet! This is awesome then. Thats really REALLY cool!!

Also, where did you guys get these really cool pictures of your toon? Did you guys just cut them out on photoshop?

12. Spinach Pirate

Spinach Pirate The Adorable Spinach

also RP forums inside the forums, that should blow minds too

13. Aromyl

Aromyl Mad Coder

You can use this site to grab a picture of your character http://sbse.hyunsdojo.com/
    Personally, I fiddled with them in GIMP2, but if you take a screencap or use the snipping tool on windows, you can grab a neat little picture of your character. :p

14. Grifter

Grifter New Member

Did you ever play Champions Online?

Ooooh another EQ2 Player.

15. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

You, my friend, may love this game nearly as much as I do. Its fantastic, especially the intricate RP webs we make. Flip-flapping-tastic!

Welcome and stuff! You'll surely fit in well here, hope to see you on the server!

16. Psyloken

Psyloken New Member

I played EQ2 for about maybe 2 months. My friend surpassed me to much for me to enjoy it anymore. Back then I was not THAT into MMOs. I never played Champions Online. I don't think I even tried to look into it. I think I was just busy with WoW or the other list of games I was playing back then lol.

17. Grifter

Grifter New Member

CO is a good game (aside from horrible RPers) If you wanna try it.

18. Psyloken

Psyloken New Member

Hmm, I will keep that in mind.

19. Grifter

Grifter New Member

ANYWHO WELCOME MORTAL.