1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Group voice chat

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Braiden Link, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Braiden Link

Braiden Link New Member

I'm pretty new to the server but I was just wondering if anyone out there ever uses some kind of voice chat? It's pretty fun talking to everyone through chat in game but I feel like there's something missing. I come from many different types of servers but they all had some kind of Group voice chat. Most of them use TeamSpeak but I preferred to add people on my Skype. If anyone would like to add me on Skype feel free to do so. My username is "juggler2006' or Braiden Link. Also feel free to leave your usernames under this thread. I can't wait to start playing and talking to you guys.

2. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

Eh for me voice chat seems like a strictly OOC thing. Some people might be able to rp in voice chat (see actually rping IRL) but for me it's just...eh.

3. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

Ditto. I tried it on a DayZ Server back on Arma II, it was fun until I heard a real russian accent, versus a guy trying a fake one.

That being said, I usually don't mind ooc voice chat in the background, helps burn time when you're toiling away building stuff.

4. GateKeeper

GateKeeper New Member

That would ruin all perception's I have on character's. plz no

5. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

I dunno bro. Used to use Ventrillo with people from a nwn2 server I played on. This scottish guy played all elves, all the time. I could never imagine his elf the same. Ever. It was wonderful. Also, strangely enough, it made it easier to understand those who don't speak english as their first language :p Because if you couldn't understand what they were typing, you could ask. And it was like... Oh.

6. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

We actually have a TeamSpeak server, I just need to set it up and release it to the public...

7. Diabloshadow

Diabloshadow Retired Admin

i can not see RPing in voice. though getting in chat once in a while i suppose wouldnt hurt. just to say hey and such.

8. Xenos

Xenos New Member

I think Teamspeak and Skype are great ideas. For me, they really help get rid of in-chat OOC questions and such, thus helping de-clutter the chat.

9. Djill

Djill New Member

I personally wouldn't use it, it ruins my immersion.

10. Aleiksei

Aleiksei New Member

I don't think anybody would use it to RP tbh, could be a fun gatherin place, but I'm 2shy 2awkward

11. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

we can all talk in sex-hotline voices to make it less awkward.

12. "Hello?"
    "...Heyy..."
    "Whats your name?"
    "....Jerri... with an 'I'."
    "What are you wearing Jerri?"
    "...*in the most sexual voice ever* khakis..."
    On a serious matter, sure voice chat would work for like OCC but roleplaying with voice, meeeh, I don't think that would work. But, I'm a burrito, so why should you care what I say?

13. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

I couldn't stay serious over voice.

14. EternaRogue

EternaRogue New Member

My characters are guys, so it would be kind of hard for me to RP them in voice chat... oTL
    I do like the idea of using voice chat for OOC, though. Used to do it in other RP groups. We mostly used Skype because everyone had that, but if Teamspeak or Ventrilo aren't complicated or anything, I could definitely get into those for whatever shenanigans.

15. Hibou

Hibou New Member

Thanks to Goblin, if this ever becomes a thing, I'm only going to talk in the most sultry voice I can manage.

16. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

In other news, this is my 1001st post. Get at me at the millennium club scrubs

17. Sen

Sen Guest

You whore.

18. Aissa

Aissa Clockwork Pastry Lobster

I've played on RP servers in other games, and I concur that voice chat makes it much easier when it comes to clarifying actions and asking questions without disrupting the "flow" of the story. If anyone else is doing any Steam-adding, my username's Shit-Hot Mother Sex Peppers.