1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Graphics Tablet Testing

Discussion in 'Art & Graphics' started by DaraC, Apr 14, 2014.

?

Color?

1. Yes

83.3%
  2. No

16.7%
  1. DaraC

DaraC New Member

Well, looks like this'll be an art thread now. Feel free to comment your opinions, they're very helpful.

One week project complete.

Serah's Dream: (Characters; Lunetta, Young Serah. Town; Opportunity)
    [​IMG]

Original Post:
    So, decided to play with my graphics tablet that I've still learning - Its only been a week since I've had it cut me some slack.
    I decided to jump back into an earlier project of mine.
    Feel free to post on this thread as you like, although not IC'ly please.
    Well, here's the IC bit of it.

___

The wind blew hard, the fields swaying in the air and Serah's hair following - almost as if it longed to move past this place. She looks around, tightening the scarf on her neck that hid secrets none knew, her eyes land on a flattened area where a wonderful diner once stood. She kneels down and looks to a small patch of dead grass where a bullet was once shot that was meant for her. This place was a home to her but now its time to go. This place has run out of time. Her hair began flowing again and she looked in the direction, her ship was there, swaying in the wind. It was time to move on. She smiled.
    [​IMG]

Update 1:
    As promised, color. I took a frame and increased the size and redid the lines. Hopefully you guys like.
    [​IMG]
    Update 2:
    A work in progress of digitizing an older work of mine.
    [​IMG]
    Update 2.5:
    Colored of Update 2.
    [​IMG]

Update 3:
    [​IMG]
    Update 3.5:
    Apparently this one was too large and got scaled to fit because of imgur sucking. [​IMG]

#1 DaraC, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2014
  2. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

That's really cool! I wish I was that good. XD

3. Sen

Sen Guest

pls no make large animate image as signature

4. DaraC

DaraC New Member

Acknowledged.

5. Socky

Socky Guest

Aaaagh such nice, many talent. Wowe. D:

But seriously! Teach me the ways of art.. This is amazing!

6. DaraC

DaraC New Member

Depends on if you're talking tradition or digital, paints or pencils or just in general.

7. Socky

Socky Guest

Digital. I seriously can't do /anything/ on a tablet/computer.. Then again, I've only tried once. I depend on my trusty pencil and paper. ^_^

8. DaraC

DaraC New Member

In all honesty a graphics tablet is pretty much identical to pen and paper, you just have to teach yourself similar to how you taught yourself using pencil and paper. Go through the exercises you did to learn pen and paper and find your speed, use spirals - evenly space them and find the speed to do that, play with weight variations and just keep at it. In about a week - a month of consistently using these exercises you should be able to use a graphics tablet at nearly the same level as your pen and paper.

9. Terallis

Personally wish I actually had a design tablet. Luckily, I will be getting one with my college program in October. Or... rather, the program starts in October. Won't be getting the professional design tablet immediately, but should probably start working with it around January. I've wanted a design tablet for a while, though. I find them to be very awesome. Not to mention that they are practically essential to the side of video game design that I'm working towards. :3

10. Kai

Kai hey im kai and this is jackass

What model is it? Wacom? Genius? Monoprice?

11. Terallis

The one I'll be getting? Not actually sure. I just know it's a "Professional Design Tablet". It's likely one of the better ones, though, given what else I'm getting with the program. Custom, 3D enabled Alienware Laptop, the tablet, and fully licensed versions of Microsoft Office Pro Plus, Dreamspark, Adobe Creative Suite, Autodesk Maya, and Unity Pro. But I'll stop derailing this thread. XD Tis an art thread. Apologies.

12. Kai

Was meant to ask the OP, but ah. You -should- need to know about your graphics tablet's model.

13. Terallis

Oh. Right. LOL. Should've figured that. Bit hyper atm, so yeah. I'll also likely know the exact model when it gets closer to the start of my program. Though, that's the only thing I don't really know the model for. I know all the other specifics. But anyways. LOL. I'll stop for real this time. Sorry! XD

14. DaraC

DaraC New Member

Wacom, I know - cheap, with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator uses too much line smoothing for me although I might switch to using Adobe Flash because of its line smoothing options

15. Kai

Wacom is the most expensive, imho. I've been using an old Wacom CTE-450 for years, and only late last year switched to a Wacom CTH-470!
    I personally prefer Paint Tool Sai.

16. DaraC

DaraC New Member

Apologies for the confusion, I had meant to say monoprice.

17. Kai

Ah, I see!
    I heard monoprice is a good brand, though. Almost Wacom quality, but way more affordable!

18. DaraC

DaraC New Member

Monoprice gets the job done, gives it a sturdy build and is very affordable. I prefer it over Wacom because there is no need to put extreme amounts of effort into keeping it from breaking unlike most Wacom tablets which are very fragile and difficult to replace without money. Monoprice has decent places to get information if you have any trouble although installing the drivers can sometimes be a bit awkward.

19. DaraC

DaraC New Member

Update 1, bump reply.

20. Corvus

Corvus New Member

These are awesome! I love the flow of the gif. :)