1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Glitch Society

Discussion in 'Glitch' started by L.O.R.I.E., Oct 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L.O.R.I.E.

L.O.R.I.E. Lil Ole' Record & Info Editor

Content
    Glitch Society

Return to Summary ...

Glitch Society
    [HR1]
    [/HR1]
    Glitch society is built on a feudal system, but on a much larger scale thanks to their advanced technology. Glitch kings are capable of having entire planets under their rule, with their most loyal knights and nobleman owning thousands of acres of terrain. Peasants toil away in these fields, growing the biofuels needed for the Glitch to feed their engines.

It is a common sight in the Glitch farms to see robotic chickens and cows. These machines, created by the Glitch, consume vegetation and insects, turning them into a nutritive paste that it is then dispensed in the form of eggs or milked from the mechanical animals. This is a very common staple of Glitch food.

An important facet of Glitch society are the hundreds of guilds of builders. These guilds are divided between crafts, be it blacksmiths, artisans, weavers or knitters, etc. The Glitch of these guilds praise not their creators, but their tools. Blacksmiths will build shrines to the hammer and the anvil, carpenters will build shrines to the saw and axe, and dressmakers will make shrines to the needle and the scissor. These guilds surpass even the wars between Glitch kingdoms, and are given safe passage as their members freely trade techniques with one another.

Almost as revered as knights and kings are the Glitch Magi, also simply known as wizards. Magi are randomly selected “newborn” Glitch that are given a great deal of knowledge in advanced and complex subjects, required for them to build powerful technology such as starship drives. The Hivemind even grants the Magi part of its processing power to even further increase the capabilities of these chosen Glitch. Each Glitch “newborn” has a small chance of becoming a Magi, the chances increasing more and more depending on the population density in proximity of the shell. Large glitch kingdoms have enough Magi at their disposal that they even take to the battlefield, brandishing staves capable of directing cannon barrages or launching high explosives.

Return to Summary ...

#1 L.O.R.I.E., Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.