1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Resolved Gene Therapy

Discussion in 'Character Questions' started by JackGrimsly, Aug 16, 2016.

1. JackGrimsly

JackGrimsly New Member

So I was kicking this Idea around in voice chat with the mod Cool guy. The basics were that Gene Therapy could be something humans or Apex PMC's use to make a small army out of Soldiers really quick at high cost instead of needing to wait to train them and build them up too peak physical condition.
    The Gene therapy would basic build up the person to peak physical Strength, Endurance, and Agility in little over a month to a year (i'll let mods decide) while they were getting regular training, making it easier to deploy without wasting as much time.
    The draw back is that the changes regress, and long term this can lead to death if the Soldiers are not eased off it with lower and lower doses, which is very expensive. If this doesn't happen it can leave the person permanently crippled or dead.

So, thoughts?

2. Reconus

Reconus Moderator
    Staff Member

If anything - after thinking things over a bit - I feel I need to ask a few things first.

Why are you pitching this idea to us in the first place? What plans would you have for it, that is.
    I'm going to keep my thoughts to myself for now until I get the extra information.

3. JackGrimsly

JackGrimsly New Member

The main thing I wanted to do was to make a Character who was kind of an addict to these drugs [his mods being Bone density and enhanced strength] but Cool guy pointed out that this could probably also be done with Steroids. so now my question kinda is which do you prefer? Steroids or gene mods? Personally I like the Steroids a bit more.

and when I say enhanced Bone density I done mean wolverine style adamant BS, I mean his bones are just harder to break, bullets and bleeding would easily bring him down like anyone else, he's just a bit bore resistant to having his bones snapped. the draw back being normal draw back of Steroids.

4. Reconus

Reconus Moderator
    Staff Member

Steroids is the obvious choice to go with in the matter.

Mainly because I really doubt - even in the year 2416 - you can have a drug as such that actually changes your genetic structure. I imagine it's more of a medical process rather than something like plasmids or what you call them - and especially not something you can just get so easily. Probably for obvious issues that go hand in hand with genetic engineering and modification.

You can't become addicted to genetic modifications. It's impossible - because the effects are permanent changes. Pharmaceuticals induce temporary effects which the brain can then become attached to (in the case of depression, loneliness, isolation, etc).

So yeah. Go with the steroids.

5. JackGrimsly

JackGrimsly New Member

mk thanks, was just an idea i was kicking around.