1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

A chance to begin again.

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Donovennn, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Donovennn

Donovennn New Member

*Hans*

((Clarifying something. I have two characters with this name, this post involving the original owner of said name, and a different person merely using it as an alias.))

*a video pops up of a kindly old man sitting in a fancy armchair. He looks at the camera sincerely*

This is the frontier. There is mistrust, murder, conspiracy, destitution, and all manner of chaos flourishing here.
    I call out to the forgotten, the beaten down, the ones who simply have given up.
    I can let you start again, in the company of others who feel the same way. You can be reborn, renewed with purpose once more, and we can work together to build a better future. All you have to do, is ask.

*he looks at the audience sternly*
    There is a price, however.
    I will not lie to you.
    You will be changed irrevocably. Your old self will be partially overwritten and replaced with a new, renewed purpose and desire to serve the ones you deem worthy.
    I will make you a sword, an extension of your people, and an unwavering light of certitude in the chaos of this place.
    This could easily be the most life-changing decision you ever undertake.
    As such, I ask that you think it over. Do not make a rash decision, for once you join us, there is no turning back.
    With that in mind, once the process is over, I can guarantee you will have no regrets.
    You will be able to protect the people you care about, and strengthen the group you have devoted yourself to.
    Now... I ask that you close your eyes for a minute or two...

Think it over...

Now open them...
    If you still truly want this, then contact me, and I will give you the means to change yourself.
    *he smiles*
    To those who choose to join us, we welcome you, and wish you good luck.

#1 Donovennn, Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2014
  2. Aradin Stanguit

Aradin Stanguit The Vigil's Jester

((Well that's not ominous at all))

3. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

It's... ambigous, in the least. No objectives of that business are displayed? What are getting in those who choose to join? As far we can see, it could even be a ruse to rob identities or organs!

-Memory-

4. Donovennn

Donovennn New Member

*secretary*

I'm glad you asked!
    I'll be answering any questions you free people have about our way of life.
    First off, we aren't a faction, we're a different way of thinking. Anyone can join us and keep their allegiances.
    Our objective is to simply grow as a people. That's all. Whatever other objectives you have will come from the people you serve, not us. Unless you choose to join us specifically, in which case, just spread our message.
    Go forth and multiply and all that!

As for getting into specifics, well, to be honest, we sort of want to ease you in. I mean, what we are is a bit different from all of you, and we don't want to confuse new applicants before they can even make a decision.

5. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

-"Nat"-
    Uhh.
    Uh.

Tip:
    If you're starting a cult/brainwashing people/doing shady bussines...
    DON'T. BE. THIS. OBVIOUS.

6. Donovennn

Donovennn New Member

*secretary*

Again, thank you for the questions!
    While we are not a cult, I will totally come clean and say brainwashing and indoctrination is a big part of the induction process.
    Now, before everyone starts panicking, please remember that we are asking you, not forcing you.
    It's simply the most convenient way to get the job done.

However, we are by no means doing anything shady. We are being totally open about our goal, and we even won't be forcing anyone to join us! I mean, come on, that has to be a big plus, right?

7. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

-"Nat"-
    No.
    Not even.

If you're doing something wrong, asking for permission won't make it right.
    IE: If you ask for permission to shoot someone to death, and the person says yes, It's still not right: It just proves that the other person is stupid.

Now GTFO.

8. Donovennn

Donovennn New Member

*secretary*

But... why is it wrong? I mean, sure we're changing them from what they were, but odds are, if they got that far, they really wanted it. I mean, who are you to judge the choices of other people? what about every person who has no control?
    What about the hopeless addicts, for instance. If one of them joined us, we could fix them permanently, get rid of the impulse that ails them. I agree what you said about shooting someone, but this isn't shooting someone, this is just changing someone's perspective. I mean, you have been raised, I bet, to believe that free will is the most important thing there is.
    But if there was a person for whom that did not apply, this would be a godsend, a way to connect with others and gain grounding in his life.

9. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

-"Nat"-
    Excuse me. This IS like shooting people, or worse. You're getting rid of their personalities, their quirks, what they are: You're basically killing a part of them.

No, simply no. Again, kindly GTFO.

10. Gorbachev

Gorbachev New Member

-Unknown
    This gives people a chance to renew their lives, it gives them a second chance. I would take a second chance if I could, but I don't know about you.

11. Donovennn

Donovennn New Member

*secretary*

If you don't like it, just stop replying.
    they keep most of their personality anyway. It's just said personality can be overrided at any moment, to suit the needs of their commander/president/chieftain ect. It's really just a matter of what kind of person your leader is.

12. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

So IT IS a cult! Thank you!

-Memory

13. Donovennn

Donovennn New Member

*secretary*
    hmph... how many times do I have to tell you... we aren't a cult.
    We just change you and then let you do your own thing.
    We just want to spread out worldview, is all.

14. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

This isn't a second chance. This is running from responsibility, wiping out your past so you don't have to face its consequences. Blindly and desperately seeking a new life where it isn't earned. You are no better than children if you throw away your pasts as such, and if you do seek such a life, then you deserve having your sapience torn away from you.

-Tezca

15. Donovennn

Donovennn New Member

*secretary*

I believe we may have come to a misunderstanding here... I'd plan a rebuttal, but to be perfectly honest, my shift is almost over and I need rest.
    bleh...
    Look, we aren't just removing people sapience, just a smidge of free will.
    Like ants in a colony. And since when have you seen ants complain about their lot or hurt their comrades, hmm?
    Anyway, we are actually gaining a few converts, so something must be working.

16. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

Sounds like a Party.

Unfortunately it doesn't include free booze, strippers and strobe lights so I won't join ya.

Decent of you to believe and try to help people. If that's what you're doing.

If not then meh. Whoever joined had it coming to them.

-Shadowstep

17. Donovennn

Donovennn New Member

*secretary*

Wow, look at all these glowing testimonials!
    As you can see, there must be at least a small group of people who don't outright hate us!
    that's what I call progress folks.