1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

[GALAXY NEWS UPDATE -- TERROR IN ANTARES?]

Discussion in 'Archives' started by QuestionableMotives, Jan 23, 2015.

1. QuestionableMotives

QuestionableMotives Not To Be Trusted

GALAXY NEWS
    NEWS ACROSS THE SECTORS
    an intergalactic cooperation

Has Asani finally reached the end of the line?
    For some, the answer is yes.
    Recently, one of the most populated colonies has been victim of violence. A terrorist group, referred to as the Outcasts, have targeted local security forces, known as ASEC. Violence reached a climax as a hostage situation unfolded. Three vigilantes were identified by bystanders that choose to remain anonymous, 'Tachi', 'Allen', and an unknown glitch, (though their identies cannot be 100% confirmed at this time), made a plan to storm the inn and save the hostage(s) inside. It's currently not clear how many hostages exactly were inside at the time.
    In the following standoff, the Inn was set ablaze. It's currently unclear how many people were either injuried or managed to escaped- there was at least one minor injury as one of the vigilantes, 'Allen', could be seen leaping out of a second-story balcony to escape the blaze below. Details past this point are somewhat fuzzy. Expect updates to come.

Following the recent events of the fall of colonies in the past galactic year, such as New Chicago, Opportunity, New Uganda, Liberty Mills, and other such places, it has become ever more clear that the fate of all of these colonies are assumingly the same to befall those that still exist, whether it were to be Asani or Taranis, the two remaining hotspots to coincide, Asani being the one to take the lead in both population and tourism, whilst Taranis has become a rather desolate, but still alive home to it's Glitch inhabitants.

With Asani having a gross populace rating of in the thousands citizen-wise, and having a good influx of space travelers from across the sector, it is no wonder why the crime rate has increased in the area and why the colony itself has bolstered it's criminal justice system, implementing new prison cells and other such things to compliment the repeated reports of slave driving and gun fights on the once humble and peaceful Hylotl world. The events to transpire over the months are all leading up to something greater, and people can only assume it is to only get worse less the colony itself were to implement a more aggressive stance against the crime sprees spreading across the streets of Asani.

An interview with a local concluded the concern with a feeling of hope, as stated in the following:
    "I've been living in Asani ever since the initial foundings of this peaceful little farming planet, with all it's floating glory and beautifully designed architectures. It's a shame to see what has happened to my newfound home; to see that what was once so glorious has become a haven for crime and death, but I have faith, faith in the security forces working in the field to stop these convicts from spreading their ideology to the young, working around the clock to stop it in it's tracks. Blessed be those people who do their job to defend us poor citizens of Asani." -Article courtesy of free-lance journalist 'M. Goodman' ((thanks tacoburger :D ))

Note:
    Looking to help us? If you want to help spread free news across the galaxy, please, consider joining us! We are a group of freelance, independently managed reporters. We have a simple application format. If we find you suitable, we will send you a camcorder, capable of high quality picture and video, absolutely free! You will also be payed 500px for each article that we feature on our news spots. The app format is simple.
    Race:
    Name:
    Faction Afflilations (If any):
    Why do you believe that free, unbiased news is important?:
    We will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you for considering Galaxy News Network!
    [/spoiler]

#1 QuestionableMotives, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2015
  2. Gorbachev

Gorbachev New Member

((I bet people in other sectors are all like 'Pluckin' Antares man, nothing ever good happens there.'))

3. QuestionableMotives

((Did something wierd with spoiler tags and borked thread, fixed it just now. Ewps.))

4. Diehardpatriot

Diehardpatriot New Member

((My name was metagamed. Not only does he never refer to himself as M-4X, he would have been wearing a full body suit, using a vocoder, and did not divulge his preferred name at any time while there. Please modify it.))

5. QuestionableMotives

((done))

6. Diehardpatriot

Diehardpatriot New Member

7. Omenvreer

Omenvreer The Augury

((There is no way Viceroy Omenvreer or the later stand-in Griss could have coordinated a million citizens. it was a small farming colony and was not self-sufficient at all, we hardly had working electricity, it was very very rural and quaint for a colony. The burning of the hospital crippled our economy, if it was a million that would be nothing. We only made perhaps 16k a week, which only gave us 2k extra after paying all our employee's. Please change the number to something we had before like somewhere between two and three thousand))

8. QuestionableMotives

((DAMN IT TACOBURGER AND UR INACCURATE POPULATION ESTIMATES
    changed

if anyone else spots any other issues, please PM me rather than post it here to avoid clutter and whatnot. I'll try to avoid simple errors like these next time i do anything ))

9. Redwilt

Redwilt Washed up has been

I can confirm the Outcasts did not do this because they are dead

- Sn0wday

10. Tacoburger

Tacoburger professional taco burger

((thanks for telling me, sorry for the inconvenient population calculation))

11. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

((What can I say, I'm just a bad prisoner...And apparently worthy of...whatever that was))

12. Not A President

Not A President [help me]

Whoever led them before is dead. There's still outcasts.

-Dienow

13. Redwilt

Redwilt Washed up has been

No. The Outcasts disbanded. They scattered after Danny vanished. This was not the Outcasts. This is someone else.

-Sn0wday

14. Arcticil

Arcticil Toxic Top Soldier

a ghost ;^)

ID: xthefallenx

15. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

((what would be cool is if youa ctually did these reports on multiple servers. That way other servers could know whats going on over here, and vice versa.))

16. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

((Might discuss that with the staff, just because there's often a "NEVER MIX THE SERVERS" thing that goes on. At least if your'e going to start mentioning other servers here.))

17. John_McFakename

John_McFakename New Member

((Main problem with server mixing is time. Antares is 400 years in the future from the present. Serenity appears to be 1000 years in the future. Best not to mention them in IC context tbh.

Edit: Censorship? Really?))

#17 John_McFakename, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2015
  18. Fiery Wither Rose

Fiery Wither Rose TheOneMute

((In Antares, you do not speak of other servers))
    ((In nazi germany, you do not speak of other countries))
    View attachment 3016

Attached Files:

19. Day Tripper

Day Tripper miller ball breaker

(( nice chinese cartoons ))

20. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

((Alright, guys, stop with the OOC, it's gone on for too long.))