1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Free oceanic Hub World needs city builders/residents/business Investors!

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by SP3CTR3, Jun 30, 2015.

1. SP3CTR3

SP3CTR3 Flipping Tables at ignorance!

I'm coming up with a planetary colony that could house lots of folks and provide an urban(something there isn't much of as far as I've seen) setting, as well as some rural areas that can support agriculture and industry. I'd like to get some places that aren't for only criminal enterprise too, to spice it up(and since I'm a big fan of the Mawl, I'd love to replicate some of that coolness) Since I'm thinking of making it on an oceanic world, I'd think it'll be great to have it above and below the water level, and house multiple towns if we get enough interest. I'd start it up soon, with opening probably not long after.

Who runs the planet?
    I want the world to be as free as possible to encourage interesting creations, so most of it would be NPCs. That said, I'd have an IC character who could respond to questions, okay building sites to maintain some order and prevent fighting over land and deal with businesses, create a standard security force, etc. However, upon completion, I'd like to get some serious candidates in to become Colony Chief, representative of the people through a vote. Maybe a Colony council of interested parties could be formed as well if there was enough interest.

NPC government at the beginning...
    The place would be forum run to make things a bit smoother. Though contracts with law enforcement and other player run agencies would be welcomed and added to the potential forum. Later as I said above, we could have people run for colonial chief executive and council positions(polls would be perfect for this).

Businesses and Opportunities for cool RP
    I'd really like to make this place a pretty free build, like the Mawl turned out to be. The aesthetic would be more above ground, neutral oriented(not necessarily catering to one group/faction), urban and oceanic dwellings with industry and agriculture. So if you want to try out an idea, bring it. Also, if any corps would like to get involved, bring the idea too!

Off the top of my head I'd can think of this place being great for any of the following ideas:
    -News agency
    -Tourism
    -Fishing
    -Farming
    -Deep sea mining
    -Service jobs
    -Bureaucracy/Politics
    -Urban infrastructure and businesses(policing, shopkeepers, water/power, construction, sewers)

Questions? Where to put them?
    Ask them here!
    PM me if you'd like to get involved! I'm gonna try to answer people as quick as I can(though I work during the day/evening), so please if you want a Hub world for more than criminal orgs, get involved!

#1 SP3CTR3, Jun 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015