1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Forum & Staff issues

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Kazyyk, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Hey, folks.

Some of you may have noticed a few things missing from the forums.
    This is because we had an issue with a forum exploit used by a community member (who I'm sure you can figure out if you look hard enough) who decided that they'd had enough of Antares Staff and decided to take it out on the forums.
    I salvaged what I could, and most things should be intact, but if you notice something missing then it was most assuredly a casualty of the exploit.
    If you see anything unusual, please do not hesitate to hit that report button!

Finally, I know that Staff isn't perfect. We're understaffed and tend to be stressed out, tired, and sometimes a bit overwhelmed.
    Now, with our current efforts to get more Staff, we may have to take on folks who aren't entirely well versed in the ways of true neutral super unbiased completely perfect and flawless moderation. Understand that we don't have the money to pay people to do well at these tasks, and there is a rather large learning curve to be had. So bear with us as Staff expands, these folks can learn how to be a great Staff member if you let them. Ideally, it is ensured that each and every Staff member has the community's interests in their heart. However, nothing is ever really ideal. So if they stray from those interests, well, they need to go, which brings me to my next topic:
    Please talk to me if you have a problem with a Staff member or suspect foulplay/bias. I take pride in investigating these cases fairly and ensuring that the folks we have on Staff are upstanding people. Communication is key. You would be surprised at what I'm not informed of.

That's it for this mini-announcement.

Cheers,
    Kaz