1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Forum ranking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TaintedMythos, May 8, 2014.

1. TaintedMythos

TaintedMythos New Member

What are the titles under a user's name for? For example, I am an Outrider, what is the significance of that? I've searched the whole forum for a list of the names and/or what they mean with no luck? Could someone please explain? Thanks!

2. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

It's a generic title given to people based on their post count. Unsure as to how many posts gives each title, but yeah. That's what it's based on. However, some people are able to make custom titles. Like this who have donated, or moderators and admins.

3. Sen

Sen Guest

It's the new post counts. Use it to brag and claim superiority over the inferior younger members.

4. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Or to show what a spammer you are.

5. OptionalFingers

OptionalFingers New Member

But how do I know how many posts result in what rank? What if I'm bragging and it turns out my rank means that I am a lazy poopoo who doesn't post anything?

6. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Mystery is the flavor of life. Embrace it.

7. TaintedMythos

TaintedMythos New Member

Negating the entire purpose of this thread in one post. I guess it doesn't really matter.
    How much do you need to donate exactly?

8. TaintedMythos

TaintedMythos New Member

Another thing, is there somewhere I can see the voter rewards?

9. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

If you click the Donate button at the top, you can view the different tiers of donations and how much you need for them.

10. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

I believe title comes from trophy points, not plain post count. Mine switched to Vanguard just after getting last one.

11. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

I didn't know anyone paid attention to the forum ranks. They were thrown in when the forum first made and were meant to be revamped later, but got overlooked.

To set the record straight, forum ranks aren't determined by post count at all. It's your trophy points - points you get from unlocking trophies/achievements. You can view all the possible trophies here.

If there was interest, I'd look into revamping the entire forum rank names and trophy-system so that they're actually meaningful and worth earning/having. As is, it just exists because it exists. Donor Ranks were the primary focus, and as of yet, the donor rewards are so little that they're not posted anywhere.

The rank/banner and the ability to set your own title is currently the only reward, along with the wonderful feeling of generosity.

12. Doc

Doc Video Game Extraordinaire

Ah, a nice little overhaul. Gotta love a fresh little update to keep everything spiffy. I'm all for this.

13. Pixel

Pixel Captain Amurica

+1 from me. I don't see any problems with this as it's just a bonus without many to none downsides.

14. TaintedMythos

TaintedMythos New Member

Yeah I'm one of those people who look at every small detail. I tried to find the 'level cap' (so to speak) of each name, but I couldn't. Anyway, thanks for the reply!