1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Forum Maintenance

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Angre, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

Hey everyone, I wanted to let you all know that the forums will be down for a few hours four days from now, on Monday the twenty-eighth (3/28/2016). We're migrating from our current web host, so don't be alarmed if you're unable to access the forums. The actual work of migrating the forums should take around two hours, but expect up to twenty-four hours of disruptions and fixes to get things back up to speed.

Sorry about the inconvenience, guys, but it's only for a day and should be done and over with soon afterward. This is a short announcement, just here to serve as a heads up for you guys. That's all for now.

2 people like this.
  2. Yotan

Yotan New Member

We are migrating again? This is what the third time in a year? Or did I miss something here?

3. Node

Node Literal Edgelord

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

4. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

I believe this is only the second forum host migration we've gone through, though my memory is foggy on that one, it could very well be the third. But yeah, unfortunately we need to migrate once again. Hopefully this will be the last time, at least for a long while, but I can't guarantee anything there. It's just something that has to happen, but thankfully the process is usually relatively quick and mostly painless.

5. Yotan

Yotan New Member

Don't these forum migrations cost something fierce? Last time it costed Kaz nearly 350 is green backs to move.

6. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

Well, the forum migration is simply just a matter of moving the forums from one host to another. The cost only really comes from switching hosts, which in this case is the reason for the migration.

7. BobGood

BobGood Memer

Why do we need to change forums again?

8. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

I may have been slightly unclear in my previous posts; The forums themselves won't be changing, only the webhost itself. It's a complete migration of the entire, current forum from one machine to another. By migrating now, the cost to host the forums will be reduced. That's the gist of the situation.

1 person likes this.
  9. Yotan

Yotan New Member

So we are switching to simply reduce the cost of the forum being hosted. Okay that makes sense.

10. Haplap

Haplap Happypaps

Gotta save dosh. We're not made of lods of emone.