1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

For the Flightless

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Optimism, Mar 9, 2015.

?

Opinion?

1. Eloquent.

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. Very eloquent.

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  1. Optimism

Optimism Guest

"On the path of faith, when a mountain blocks our way we climb it.

On the path of faith, when an ocean fills the land before us we swim across it.

On the path of faith, if we meet the faithless we leave them behind.

Our Arbiter above keeps us strong."

-Turavis-

#1 Optimism, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  2. Yotan

Yotan New Member

Tanji ~ Actually...I rather liked it. I found the imagery quite effective. And, um, interesting rhythmic devices which seemed to counterpoint the surrealism of the underlying metaphor of the poet's soul, which contrives through the medium of the verse structure to sublimate the poem was about.

3. Raideck

Raideck Member

Yarrrrr
    -Raideck

4. NovaZenk

NovaZenk New Member

OH WELL TOO BAD THIS SUPPOSED "KLUEX" IS FAKE AND DOES NOT EXIST OH WELL OH NO.

GROUNDED 4 LYFE.
    --harrierisagodlol357

5. Wreth

Wreth New Member

Floran stab Kluex birdmen.

Stab-Dancer

6. Mitzi the Floran

Mitzi the Floran Sufferer of Prawnsequences

Apparently Kluex has never taught his followers about sharks either.

-Lum

7. Optimism

Optimism Guest

I thought the thread title made the intended audience quite clear.

"Kluex Birdmen" are happy to return the favor.

... Sharks?

-Turavis-

8. Aegis Ebonwing

Aegis Ebonwing New Member

From River:

"I thought it was a good saying, except perhaps the end about those whom do not believe.. there is a shortage of friends out here in the Frontier, it is best to not make enemies of them."

9. Ricardo

Ricardo ERP Champ 2016

[Sent from [email protected]]

You tell 'em, Turavis! Pluck the nay sayers and the dumb florans that don't know how to think! ALso uh... teach me to use a spear, ye?

((HERX-AMMAN))

10. NovaZenk

NovaZenk New Member

pls go die in a hole of cloacas kthxbye

grounded 4 lyfe
    --harrierisagodlol357

11. Optimism

Optimism Guest

The Grounded made it quite clear they had no desire to share kinship with their brethren when they turned their backs on everything that binds us together. I do agree there is no need to create enemies of them, but the sixth commandment must be obeyed.

"Thou shall outcast any Avian such as would deny Kluex."

Certainly, friend.

-Turavis-

12. Ricardo

Ricardo ERP Champ 2016

[Sent from [email protected]]

I remember you! You were the one who kept slapping himself in the face every time my brothers and I spoke! Is your face recovering? I'm sure if you just prayed to the Sunborn they would relieve you of whatever disease possesses you to smack your face.

Hope you recover soon.

Good, heh! Soon, I hope!

#12 Ricardo, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2015
  13. Yotan

Yotan New Member

Tanji ~ It amazes me how the Avians still fight amongst each other. All this about Kluex. More wars are created from religious idealism then any other types of war.

14. Optimism

Optimism Guest

If I may correct you...

It's not a war. It's not even large enough to be called a schism. At most it's a minority of unsatisfied dissidents who abandon purpose, unity, and faith for blindness and ignorance, like the tale of the prodigal son. I've heard some seek truth, purpose, and wholeness, but their want for all of this could have been satisfied through faith to our Winged Arbiter, who even now might offer forgiveness to them for straying if they repent and receive benediction from the fellowship. You must consider, they chose to turn their backs upon us, we did not choose to cast them out unless they committed grave sacrilege.

-Turavis-

15. Yotan

Yotan New Member

Tanji ~ In any case the Grounded and Flightless are the same. Honestly if one remembers my xenobiology for humans, more specifically the history of the humans and what they called the middle east desert culture. Where the schism existed, and their suppose "schism" lasting several thousand year war or conflict. How long will this Avian "schism" last Turavis? How long will your people survive is they constantly killing each other idealism. While I can't say the Florans' have the right way of life. At least this Hylotl can give them credit to attack individuals when they are distracted.

I see no reason to preach pacifism to you, it is a waste on the Avian and their various synonyms of idealism.

16. Ricardo

Ricardo ERP Champ 2016

What 'war' are you talking about, buck-o? These blind suckers abandon their gods and we cast them out. Done. If they want to be pluckin' terrorist cloacas, then the fault is their own! And what the pluck is a schism?

Turavis! Tell this fool!

((Herx-Amman))

17. Optimism

Optimism Guest

Allow me to clarify.

First, Grounded and the Flightless are not the same. Do not draw conclusions upon what you know nothing of.

As I said, it is not nearly large enough to merit the title of a schism. Even so, I am the wrong one to ask. Ask the Grounded how long they wish to persist in their foolish ways, and you will have your answer.

I believe you are asking how long our people will last if we are constantly killing each other? If that is the case, I already said, we bear the Grounded no ill unless they deem to show aggression or sacrilege, and we certainly do not attack them, even though they chose to abandon us. I don't understand this remark beyond that.

Since you disagree with my views you will refrain from sharing these ideas with the entirety of my brethren? If that is what you mean to say, as you wish. How melodramatic.

A schism is a division between two strongly opposed parties, my friend. And yes... I certainly 'told' him.

-Turavis-

#17 Optimism, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  18. Wreth

Wreth New Member

Floran seen many grounded villages across the galaxy, and many grounded pirate airships too. FLoran not convinced the grounded are as few as you say.

Stab-Dancer

19. NovaZenk

NovaZenk New Member

pls
    i was swatting at bugs
    die

grounded 4 lyfe
    --harrierisagodlol357

20. Optimism

Optimism Guest

That is because you have never and will never visit a core Avian world of the faithful, Floran.

-Turavis-