1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Florans Controlling Plants?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DeltaV, Jun 30, 2014.

1. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

From http://starbounder.org/Greenfinger's_Notes:_Treetop_Dwellings (Important part bolded):

What's the server-lore opinion on the ability of Florans to control plants? Because I was reading through the lore and apparently they can. I have no idea what the extent of it is, though. Discuss.

2. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

My own personal opinion on the matter is that, while some things are stated to be in the lore like that, they generally aren't written in mind with an RP server. Not completely shutting down the idea, but I can see the idea of florans commanding plants to be pretty overpowered, for the most part. Though, the idea of using it to just simply build things (within reason) through this ability, isn't overly bad. But yeah. I see this as likely being considered godmodding if used in a combat situation or similar. Or even with certain levels of RP interactions.

3. Kirby teh Pink

Kirby teh Pink Puts the Coo in Cool

I'm fine with them controlling plants, so long as said plants move at plant speed.

4. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

I was thinking more along the lines of "Bend tree-trunks and grow crops more quickly," not powergame-level stuff (EG "Jim The Floran shoots vines ath Bob The Non-Floran and kills him!")

5. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

Hm... but imagine the bondage potential. Tying up prisoners, whipping them with vines...

PS: If this sounds suggestive, you disgust me.

6. Corvus

Corvus New Member

Dude, I didn't think about the suggestive part until you mentioned it.
    :I

7. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

When I read that, I immediately thought of 674.