1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Floran Tribe From Scratch

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by LaserLlamas, Dec 6, 2014.

1. LaserLlamas

LaserLlamas Mother of the Pack

I've yet to really see a Floran tribe on the server that's started from quite literally nothing. I enjoy seeing factions start from shit all and slowly gaining resources, territory, etc. So the past few days I've been thinking out how to make a good 'ol Floran faction that would be interesting to roleplay.

So let's start with some basic lore for it.
    "The [Insert Name Here] Tribe origins are vague, but it's known that before their defeat, they were known as the Blood-Stab.

While they had no access to technology to send them across space, an Avian trade ship known as the Solarfury led by their captain Icewing, who came across the tribe as they were scavenging for resources. The Florans hadn't encountered an Avian before, but their technology was superior to their's, the Avians burning their villages down, forcing the survivors to retreat into the desert surrounding their great jungle.

High above, the Solarfury flies over the desert, searching for any Florans who dare to flee from the caves of the desert in search for water. Very rarely will they come back unharmed, often injured, but most of the time they will never return.

Those that remain of the Blood-Stab Tribe are scattered across the desert of their planet in the caves, slowly withering away as they deplete the last of their water sources. Their time is ending soon, but there's salvation if they can make it to the jungle. And from there, they will enact revenge upon Icewing and the Solarfury's crew."

Due to the tribe never having been in contact with outsiders before, other than the Avians of the Solarfury, the Floran characters would have a color scheme somewhere along the lines of this -
    [​IMG]
    The foliage could be either primary red and secondary grey, or vise versa, not that picky as far as that goes.

A chain of events for the tribe would most likely begin with food and water dwindling in their caves, some of them probably resorting to cannibalism. Of course this means they'll all be dried, weakened, and withering. As a last resort, it'd be likely they'd all bumrush across the desert in order to reach the jungle to replenish themselves and slowly grow once again. The issue in there lies that the Avians are primarily in the jungle taking its resources, which proves difficult for the Florans to survive, as their technology ranges from broken weapons and wooden bows and arrows. Of course, if they manage to figure out how to use the Avian's weaponry, perhaps they have a chance, however it's unlikely they'd be able to figure out how to use a gun right away unless they were taught how to do so.

Members of this faction would be required to consent to death, obviously, because as Florans are, they're monsters that feed on the flesh of the living, regardless of their race, and should be shunned and be looked at wearily, deemed untrustworthy. They all need to slur. "ssspeak normal ssstupid".

So uh. Yep. Feedback/Suggestions anyone?

2. Arcticil

Arcticil Toxic Top Soldier

I like the idea, just make sure it doesn't turn into a weird stupid plant-dick harem.

3. LaserLlamas

Pretty sure it'll be fine. Was mulling over "Pheonixthorn" for the tribe name, though that would make it the same tribe Lily belonged to which she ditched. So I'm mulling the name over still.

4. Arcticil

Just saying. Don't pull an Ailthanius.

5. LaserLlamas

I think I'll be fine. I think with the head on my shoulders.

6. Sen

Sen Guest

Yes, not seeing things is usually a symptom of having your eyes closed.

7. LaserLlamas

If you have nothing to provide for suggestions or feedback for this idea, then go spew insults elsewhere. I like you so I'd rather not get into a heated argument about who's dick is bigger. (I'm asian so it's probably not me)

8. Sen

Sen Guest

Here's a suggestion: name a Floran tribe (excluding anything Wreth has made) that existed on the server that did not roleplay starting from scratch.

Despite all the awful, awful flaws that Floran tribes have had over the server history, they have all also have literally started from nothing.

Also, Florans are fucking cancer.

#8 Sen, Dec 6, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  9. Atom

Atom New Member

I would recommend you give the Dionaea Tribe a shot. We stick as close as we can to the lore and we started with nothing. All we have can be seen on our faction page. We don't have many members, but are open to Glitch or Florans that don't mind committing crimes against the other races.

The tribe has a home planet that is mostly made of tree houses and an abandoned Apex town that has been overgrown with plants from the local Jungle. It doesn't seem like many people want to play uneducated violent Florans so you may have trouble finding people interested like we are having. Please let us know if you want to come see the place or discuss joining the tribe.

http://community.playstarboundrp.com/threads/dionaea-tribe-information.6711/

10. Atom

Atom New Member

You can clearly go see everything the tribe has in the http://community.playstarboundrp.com/threads/internal-resource-aquisition.6712/.
    All of this was obtained through player interaction. I don't know anything about the Ailthanius tribe. I joined them and went to the planet several times but never found anyone there or anyone that claimed to be with the tribe.

11. Wreth

Wreth New Member

Dionaea Tribe gets all of its resources via actual roleplay...

The only thing we have that wasn't obtained via rp is an old rusty asteroid mine, that isn't even functional (IC the ore is exhausted), and only exists as a metal box in space to store things in and park unused starships at. (We have more ships than active tribemembers)

Every gun, every set of armour, every ship, all medical supplies etc the tribe has obtained, has been obtained via actual roleplay where we steal them, trade for them or are given them.

12. Atom

Atom New Member

Not trying to de-rail your faction check Laser Llamas, I think its a very solid idea for a Floran Tribe. Just wanted to let you know there are not many people out there playing Tribal Florans, so I would encourage you to try our Faction which is still small and has room to grow.

13. Arcticil

you didn't start from scratch. stab was a space pirate and went back to that old tribe with freya and they're definitely not primitive considering they're using guns, swords, and space-ships lol.

soz i stand corrected, editing this. i appreciate you trying to contribute to the thread, buuut space pirates aren't the same thing.
    A+ 10/10 post thanks for the passive aggressive bullshit at the end really proves your point. not.

14. Wreth

Wreth New Member

We don't have any resources that were taken from Drosera Tribe. I started from scratch after that.

Any modern weaponry we use was stolen or given to us.

Florans steal technology, that's what they do...

15. Atom

Atom New Member

You are speaking about a character. The faction is not based off of one character. Its true that it isn't completely primitive, since we know how to use ships, but if we limit it down to starting with a cave and no radio, only people that start completely new characters would be able to join and we would only interact on the one planet we started on.

I like the idea of starting with new characters with no relations outside the starting planet and no ships but it would be extremely limited and I don't think many people would stick with it for long. If it does manage to get enough people interested I will make a Floran for this.

#15 Atom, Dec 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2014
  16. Arcticil

True, but knocking the merit of an idea just to give basis to your own faction/tribe thingy is kind of shitty. No offense or anything, but that kind of aggervated me, but then again I may just be dumb as a box of rocks.

17. Atom

Atom New Member

I have nothing else to say about the Dionaea Faction, but I will defend it when you make false claims on it. I'm only posting here because I am in fact interested in this faction, and wanted to address the lack of interest in Tribal Florans that I've seen so far. If enough people are willing to make this happen then I'm ready to be a part of it.

#17 Atom, Dec 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2014
  18. LaserLlamas

It's not to say the tribe would be stuck on the planet forever. Perhaps one day they'd be able to learn how to use the technology of the dead, perhaps not. It'd be fun either way, even if it doesn't last forever.

19. Arcticil

"I would recommend you give the Dionaea Tribe a shot."

20. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Ouch.
    Anyway, it's a good idea, just make sure they're like, real tribal florans and make em super brutal.