1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Approved Floran Genetic Anomaly

Discussion in 'Character Questions' started by DeadHarold, Oct 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. DeadHarold

DeadHarold New Member

Description: A Floran past his prime begins to experience a strange genetic anomaly. He grows to literally crippling heights. Just like certain species of trees, he would keep growing and wouldn't stop.

Pros:

• Highly accelerated growth. Nearly a foot of growth monthly, starting from his already impressive 7 and a half feet. He might even break a record.
    • Hard to shove around due to heavy weight.
    • Very strong due to having to support heavy weight. Capable of pretty impressive feats of strength (but not very often, explained in limitations.) Could be used to transport building materials in a scenario where forklifts aren't available.
    Cons:
    • The growth never stops. Eventually his body won't be able to keep up.
    • Intense levels of stress on the Floran's bones. He'd be in constant discomfort, always aching. He may have a pretty strong first impression, but what it comes down to is that he can't really do anything a normal Floran his age should be able to. No fighting (unless you consider crushing someone via sitting on them fighting), no running, no hunting.
    • Too heavy to move with any grace.
    • Needs to eat a LOT to keep up. If he can't guzzle at least a cow-worth of food a day, he'll begin to fatigue and eventually just turn into driftwood.
    What's The Point: This is going to be used to develop the character. Previously, his whole personality revolved around his desire to destroy stuff and cause trouble. In a state of constant ache and pain with any sudden movements, he won't be able to do that kinda stuff anymore. Additionally, I like trees.

2. Haplap

Haplap Happypaps

I'd give this a cautious approval. I've seen enough RP to know you don't have any ill intentions with this, but it's a bit... concerning? Regardless, you're good, just know people have a tendency of making a bit of a deal out of 7ft + characters.

3. DeadHarold

DeadHarold New Member

Gotcha. It is a little hard to describe intentions through text like this, but I'll tell you straight-up that I'm not doing this to create a war machine monster-plant.
    Infact, it's gonna end up being basically the opposite.