1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Resolved Floran colony ideas

Discussion in 'Colony Questions' started by ThunderFenix, Nov 22, 2016.

1. ThunderFenix

ThunderFenix New Member

Hey! I'm quite new to the server so I don't think I'm qualified to make a colony yet, but I just want to gather some ideas in case I ever start one.

I think the main problem with a Floran themed colony is the aggressive nature of the Floran. Like, the inhabitants can't be too aggressive as to not allow outsiders in the colony, but not too peaceful as to make it feel really OOC. Maybe a feeling like the Apex Apartments would work, but I'm unsure.

Also the technology level of the colony is a thing I'm having a little hard time thinking about it. It has to be advanced enough to have teleporters and stuff on that level, but judging by Floran nature/portrayal, I don't think it'd be a fully technological place.

2. Haplap

Haplap Happypaps

While us staffers can offer you some ideas, you're probably looking for everyone's opinion, aye? In this section, only the staff and you can see your questions, so only us staffers are gonna be able to help you out. If you want an opinion from the community in general, you might wanna try the roleplay planning forum.

However, yes, floran colonies tend to be harder to manage than say, a human colony. In the past, i've seen ones that only allow florans (or only florans would dare travel there) because they were tribal and savage. There have been floran colonies in the past where everyone was allowed, though there always was the ever looming idea that the host florans might decide you look like dinner, so it's actually an interesting situation. As for technology, florans are a bit of an oddity in a way. Their ability to highjack and repurpose tech could possibly mean they would have some high functioning things, but at the same time, they're only capable of producing primitive infrastructure on their own. I typically imagine floran planets/colonies as big jungles that florans have purposed into a home, maybe with stolen tech in a place or two. Sorta like Avatar, if you will.

3. ThunderFenix

ThunderFenix New Member

Ah, alright. I pretty much saw "colony questions" and jumped here first without thinking too much about it, apologies. I'll make a thread there as well.

But just to finish the subject of the allowing of other species, if it's okay. Making it Floran only would be the ideal IC wise, but by my short experience here there aren't many active players, let alone active Florans, so I'd rather make it free for everyone.

Maybe like a tourist attraction thing, like a farm hotel. It would spark some controversy in more "conservative" Floran, but it could be also an opportunity to get more tech. Maybe a deal like, other races get to have a "tribal adventure vacation!", like what happens in many IRL jungle hotels, but one of the requirements to enter it would be to bring a piece of tech or something. I can't put it into words very well, sorry, I hope you get what I'm suggesting.