1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Flightless Hunting Party?

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Foreign Flora, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Foreign Flora

Foreign Flora New Member

I had an idea, a group of stargazers that hunt grounded, eh? EH? I'm sure that's a thing, after all, I'm sure that those crazy priests will demand blood someday, blood of the grounded that have attempted to flea from Kluex's gaze. Of course though, if its going to be a hunting party, their needs to be at least more than 1 or 2 people, or otherwise, its a hunter... or hunters... not a party. You cant have a party with 2 people. If anybody wants in on a Kluex-zealot party that hunts down those darn heretics, because Kluex says so... let me know.

2. Wreth

Wreth New Member

Flightless, not Stargazers. The Stargazers are never actually seen by the general populace and certainly don't get their hands dirty.

3. Foreign Flora

Foreign Flora New Member

Thank you, I didn't know that there was a difference. They were both the same to me. I thought that Stargazer was the general term for those whom worship Kluex.

4. Wreth

Wreth New Member

Sunborn are the Avian Gods, Kluex is the Almighty Sunborn, a mortal Avian who Ascended to godhood.

Some avians train to be ascendants. Ascendance is a grueling and long course avians must endure to train themselves for the leap of faith, where they leap from towers in an attempt to join Kluex as a sunborn. If they succeed they will fly and join Kluex in the Aether. All since Kluex have failed, most die from the fall.

Stargazers are the political party currently in control of the government of Avos (The Avian homeworld) and the faction in control of the Avian Empire as a whole.

The clipped Council are the voice of the Stargazers and the visible government of Avos. Kluex (According to the clipped council) speaks to the Stargazers, the Stargazers then ferry messages to a from Kluex and the Clipped council through their ability to fly to and from Kluex in the Aether.

The regular religious population of the Avian Empire are the flightless. They believe that Kluex rules them from the Aether, the Stargazers carry his messages down directly from the aether due to their ability to fly, and bring the messages to the clipped council. The clipped council govern the Avian Empire based on Kluex's will. According to the council daily sacrifice is part of Kluex's demands, especially of grounded, though many devout flightless willingly give themselves up for Kluex. The flightless do sacrifice unwilling victims to Kluex on sacrificial altars, including members of the other races.

The grounded are the athiest. They who claim Kluex is a false god and reject the cruel practices of the flightless. They believe the claims of the Clipped council are false, and are just being used to control the Avian population.

The actual truth is unknown, even from an OOC real world perspective, the lore does not say whether it is true or not currently. Kluex may be real or the clipped council may be lying about the existance of the Stargazers flying to and from the Aether for them, and their existance, and the existance of Kluex, or it may all be real.

Kluex was real at some point in Avos' history. But whether he still exists and whether the Stargazers can truly fly to and from Kluex in the Aether, is unknown.

5. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Stargazers are both a title and a school of belief among the flightless which covers expansionism among the flightless. While it is unlikely you will see many Stargazers (the people), it is pretty likely most flightless out here in Antares fall under being a member of the Stargazer belief. Flightless is just the general term for the faithful among the Avians.

6. Wreth

Wreth New Member

Yeah, there was a period of political conflict and then war between the two Factions, the Stargazers and Loyalists. And those who supported the Stargazers may have identified as Stargazers at the time.

But there doesn't seem to be any political strife within the flightless population currently, only between the flightless and the grounded.

Currently however The Stargazers only tends refer to the highest level of Avian government and power. (Other than Kluex himself of course)

When the lore, and players talk about The Stargazers, and not in a historical context, they mean the Avian government.

There's no name that i'm aware of specifically for the force that the Stargazers send after the grounded. Some sort of inquisition would make sense though.

7. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

The lore supports the ending of pockets of loyalist rebellion, but doesn't state anywhere that the loyalist belief itself is errdicated. Best to leave different avenues open to people.

Most of the temple dungeons you find out in the game tend to have stone throne the Avian examine text refers to as being made for a Stargazer. It is unclear if it is symbolic, or there is literally a Stargazer at these locations to look over them.

The issue, along with a lot of the charm of playing religious Avians is the mystery involved. Many of the codexes for Avians are written by unreliable narrators. Information found in these are subjective due to the nature of their belief of the author.

Its just important to note Stargazers are very important, and if someone played one, they should give it the serious consideration it deserves.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

I'd like to play the other side of the fence. I've always been kinda iffy about playing one-dimensional characters that're defined by one mindset, but I'd like to spend some time playing as something other than a multi-tool masochist.

9. Froot

Froot OH SO VERY NICE

I'd be happy to join this hunting party. There's nothing Acacia hates more than grounded, what with all their "Kluex does not exist" preachings. Count her in!

10. Optimism

Optimism Guest

Considering the number of Grounded Avians I've seen congregating about lately... no thanks.

Have a bird face, though.
    [​IMG]

11. Darkwhip

Darkwhip That Russian-Canadian-Nazi

Oh boy. Don't count on Krystal, she denies Groundeds but she wouldn't kill them except of self defence.

12. Wreth

Wreth New Member

It'd make more sense to capture them alive and sacrifice them at a ceromony, than just kill them. It would also give a chance to their friends to free them.

13. Foreign Flora

Foreign Flora New Member

Ya, sacrifice is the way of choice, unless the subject in question is a little too troublesome and resists abit to much...

14. Wreth

Wreth New Member

There are devout flightless that allows themselves to be sacrifices but there are also plenty of unwilling victims. They even have a yearly festival where they sacrifice grounded.

15. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

And hylotl. Pls dun kill me.

16. Wreth

Wreth New Member

I heard they sacrifice hylotl often because they put up the least resistance..

17. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

Right, Capture and sacrifice it is. Weeee everyone read up on the sacrifice rituals~ *buries beak in codexes*

18. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

You'd have better luck with a wider range of potential punishments honestly. Any character built from the ground up to kill another character will end in failure simply due to the nature of our consent system.

There are still other ways to go about it though. Capture, tarring, indoctrination. You can of course include the sacrifice bit for people wanting to kill a character, or even make an event around trying to stop a sacrifice. Just be sure whatever you do, you leave it flexible for both ic ease and ooc enjoyment.

19. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

If this idea is still alive, I'd be interested.

20. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Anyone considering taking part in something like this, toss me a pm. Going to try and get something together. Depending on interest and how it pans out, it may or may not be a one off thing.