1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

HELP REQUESTED!!!: Bugged Transporting to Friend's Ship

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dragaunus, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Dragaunus

Dragaunus New Member

While able to transport to my own ship as well as the ships of others, my friend Taluria (who I manage her game files and my own) consistently encounter a bug where when we port to each others' ships, we beam out...then never materialize anywhere.

Here's a basic overview of the problem and what I do with my game files...

Situation:
    • When porting to this particular player's ship or her to mine, we beam out then fail to materialize anywhere.
    • Once this bug occurs once, other players also trying to visit our ships encounter the same issue.

Temporary Fixes:
    • A combination of the following would temporarily fix the bug:
      • Deleting Starbound Log Files
      • Clearing STEAM Cache
      • Closing and reopening STEAM fully
      • Using STEAM to launch the Game; not a Desktop Shortcut
    • However, upon even just death or leaving the ship then trying to travel back to it, the bug returns.

Game File Usage:
    Request for Assistance:
    • Anyone who may have an idea as to why this continues to happen who can help? We'd be most grateful!

P.S. - Request for Ruler MOD/Tool:
    • Does anyone have a Ruler or MOD Tool in-game to help them better measure when building?

2. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

Ive heard of this bug happening due to nicknames. If someone who is either beaming(maybe) or who owns the ship being beamed to is nicknamed something, then the beam might not work. Also, I havent heard of starcheat or SBSE messing with anything like this, so its probably safe to say its niether of those.

3. Dragaunus

Dragaunus New Member

That was it! Just having a nickname caused the issue!

Thank you so much Cole! You have no idea how much this was bugging us! ;)

4. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

no problem!

5. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Sen made one of these awhile back. Turns the top and side of the crafting window into a ruler for the 2X scale zoom. Not sure where it is on the forum though, it could have been cleaned in the purge awhile back.

6. Dragaunus

Dragaunus New Member

I've heard someone made an in-game ruler in our community. I best track this Sen down, Thank you for the lead though!