1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

EXXON STAFF REPORT ON THIS THREAD

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by King Tickle, Apr 9, 2014.

1. King Tickle

King Tickle I hope it rains in this tunnel.

Can we have all members of Exxon PMC post in this thread who your character is so if/when the faction goes official we all know who's who in the forums and can easily talk to each other about large contracts and organized events. Thanks!

I'll go first to set an example:

<<Captain>>

#1 King Tickle, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2014
  2. Tomwell1

Tomwell1 New Member

Dandy

3. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Just throwing this out there for your benefit. starting a multiperson conversation (pm) is a great way to stay organized without a sub forum.

4. King Tickle

Yes, but my goal isn't to just start an organized conversation, it's to start a faction with its own unique story line and organized divisions.

#4 King Tickle, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2014
  5. Pixel

Pixel Captain Amurica

Which can be done through conversation.

6. King Tickle

7. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

they have multiple threads for lots of different things and have a lot of active members. if you just want to find out who's in the faction (you should really already know this) then a conversation with those you know are in, and then allowing them to add those who you forgot, would have worked fine.

8. King Tickle

Maybe my syntax is off in my first post, let me clarify. The purpose of this thread is to get everyone's names on the forum and serve as a temporary communication hub until the main faction page, which has been made on the wiki and is being reviewed by Kaz, becomes an official faction sub-forum where I will post the rest of Exxon's story, private contracts, Staff info, colony locations, etc. Also, the reason I'm even posting this thread is because we're gaining members fast and need to keep track of the usernames on the forum in order to message them for when they're not on. This is a preemptive thread to the sub-forum.

9. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

10. Sen

Sen Guest

Use private conversations. There's nothing wrong with them.

11. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Good luck.

12. King Tickle

Cool, Exxon started on Skype with 3 of my friends. Plus, RA started on Steam sure, but it's a faction now.

It's easier to have all members just see this thread and post their characters real quick, because sometimes I don't get their forum names on the server. Consider it starting early: if I know everyone's names now, when the sub-forum happens and we get contracts, I don't have to waste time /then/ to find everyone's forum names in case I need to PM people on the forums.

13. King Tickle

Thanks, I'll do my best.

14. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

It isn't a competition.
    Which shows this thread is unnecessary. It also clearly isn't working because only one person has posted their character name here. A private conversation would serve the same purpose really, just allow people to add others into it when they find out who's in.

15. Corvus

Corvus New Member

[​IMG]

16. Tacoburger

Tacoburger professional taco burger

making rival group called:
    "Chevron"

it'll be the opposite and attempt to steal all of your money

17. King Tickle

Them be fighting words boy, lucky for you I can play this game too.

Never did I once imply it was a competition, as a matter of fact it was a friendly response relating the similarities between another faction's roots and those of mine.

As for the "unnecessary" nature of this thread, I was hoping more people would see this considering the following nicknames IC still need to be posted here:
    Thorne
    Acheim Schultz
    Zahard
    Remy
    Aedan
    Stanza
    Jack-Ripley

Happy? Or do we want to delve into the efficiency factor of posting a public thread asking for the forum names off all Exxon staff in the server compared to making a private thread and inviting all the Exxon staff -oh wait a minute, how will I invite them to this so called private thread if I don't know their forum names? Hmmm, what a pickle... I know! I'll make a public thread on the OOC forums asking for their names so I can make a private thread to invite them to, so THEN I can ask them their names on the forum.

#rekt

As for Exxon's name, there's an IC story as to why Captain named it after the "old" fuel company of Earth.

18. Pixel

Pixel Captain Amurica

I know for a fact that some players on the server don't even bother checking on the forums. If your faction is active and the members are active in game, how about contacting them through the game for forum details? I think what someone was saying is that since there hasn't been any EXXON players reporting to the thread, it was clear that some may not be checking the forums at all. Maybe I can help you a bit in tracking down the forum details of the players associated in the faction that you boldly listed above.

Stanza = Epicaxtis ( Or something like that )
    Remy = T.D
    Aedan = Terallis

Overall, it was obvious that there was some serious miscommunication going on and people didn't know what the exact intentions for this thread were.

19. Pixel

Pixel Captain Amurica