1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Event - Monday, Nov 9, 9:30 EST

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Ziggy, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

Hello and welcome to my first event. Thread. Thing. Great start.

Kay, so what we're doing is an event around 9:30 EST that will be both potentially dangerous and have long-lasting consequences for those who are involved. That sounds super scary, what does it mean?! You might be asking. Wooooah there skippy, cool your jets. The object of the event is to tell a story and involve the players in a fun little morsel of action RP. While this combat is potentially dangerous, it doesn't mean I'm out to kill and or maim your character. Player injury is up to the player, though do be reasonable.

On the topic of reasonable, I'd like to go ahead and lay down some ground rules. Specifically, when the event begins, don't show up in a suit of power armor and nine rifles. Please. Just bring what your character has on them at the time. No meta!

Event layout will be turn-based. As soon as the party is assembled (no less than two, no more than five), you'll beam down to the planet and stop. Each character will emote. Turn order can be pre-determined or a die can be rolled. So long as there is a common agreement among players.

Progression will take place at and between 'nodes.' Your character's moving from one node to another and performing an action (such as looking around, calling out something they've found, or firing a rocket into a crowd of orphans) will count as an entire turn. Nodes will be very easy to spot, so don't worry.
    eventexamp.png

That said, your character doesn't have to stop directly on the node. Just in the general vicinity.

Lastly in the line of rules, try to have fun rather than play to win. This is a small event meant to tell a story. We RP to tell stories, not to win. So if things don't quite go the way you wanted, please don't be upset. Sometimes good stories just don't have good endings. Sometimes they do. This particular story has three possible outcomes, based on choices of the group.

So stew on it! Hope to see a few of you participate tonight!

2. Froot

Froot OH SO VERY NICE

May I just be the first to say. This looks like a treasure hunt thing. I'm not trying to be mean, this is a genuine question. What's the point of this? How could there be a story in this? Or is it all made up as we go along?

3. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

Again, the purpose of the event is to tell a story. While there may be 'rewards,' it's not the sole purpose of the event. It's the narrative. The turn-based nature is meant to keep the combat fair and reduce OOC stress on the players, myself included.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

Bump. Don't forget we're doing the thing tonight.
    three hours, folks.

5. The Grand Mugwump

Where is the narrative then? I just see mechanics discussion here.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

It was meant to be described in the moment. I'm a stickler for meta. But since people for some reason can't resist spoiling themselves:

Firebird's stolen Federation cruiser is tracked from her extended stay on Pinewood, allowing her pursuers enough time to catch up and monitor her movements. When she leaves Pinewood, she finds an uninhabited planet to settle on and rest while her shoddy life support system recharges. That's when things go bad.

7. Yotan

Yotan New Member

*face palms the spoiler*

8. Haplap

Haplap Happypaps

8/8 it was alright.
    -IGN

9. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

before I even clicked on your notification I already knew what you were gonna say

thanks happypaps.