1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Event Horizon : A Sector X Invitation

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Viper, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Viper

Viper New Member

Upon entering Sector X ships receive an audio transmission with light static in the background intermittently fading in and out.

Greetings travelers to the very edge of this forlorn space, if you should find yourselves low on fuel, rations or ammunition. The Event Horizon can accommodate your needs, here you are welcome to refuel, restock and have refreshments at our humble establishment.

As the first supply depot in this edge of space, we aim to provide a place for the weary spacefarers to gather and refresh themselves in this dangerous sector.

The journey to Event Horizon may be a challenge in itself, but if you have come this far then surely you are a proven individual whom is no stranger to adversity.

We look forward to your patronage.

-Viper
    Proprietor of the “Event Horizon”

The audio transmission is followed by a set of coordinates x:8434356 y:136462 and instructions indicating an underground installation built into the ruins of an ancient Avian Necropolis in the western region of the forest planet X Alpha Pyx 637 III a. However there is also a warning of meteors in the area periodically striking the planet surface, preventing the approach of large capital ships.

** Those familiar with underground encryption common to black markets will recognize the static as a message, vaguely suggesting the purchase of slaves and sale of narcotics **

((Travel left of the spawn point till you find the Avian Tomb past the third Apex building, a flag on the spawn point should indicate you're on the right planet.

Starbound as it is now, there really isn't an actual workable trade/market economy so people are free to come and take supplies and RP as they please, any weapons I leave in containers are also up for grabs and drinks will be restocked, doors locked with retinal scanners shouldn't be opened but if you're just curious go ahead I'm not too picky, just consider any exploring beyond that point to be OOC, as some areas are still a work in progress I would prefer no building on this planet at this time. Maybe in the future could open up space for people to settle in, assuming enough people want to RP as pirates/criminals or other shady types could potentially develop into an opposing faction to law enforcers, would appreciate any feedback ))

2. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

(( fun fact, my personal ship is based off of the Lewis and Clark ))

3. Viper

Viper New Member

(( Yours based on a noble rescue vessel and mine on a ship possessed by evil in the same sci-fi movie, your lawful organization and my budding criminal syndicate, perhaps this conflict is our RP destiny.

Interesing coincidence haha, my character bio is that he was former USCM, might make for some interesting RP opportunities later, hopefully I can get past my lag issues atm, leaves me with little options to participate except by building ))

#3 Viper, Feb 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2014