1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Elite: Dangerous - Anyone have it?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by QuestionableMotives, May 16, 2015.

1. QuestionableMotives

QuestionableMotives Not To Be Trusted

I love Elite. Its a big reason as to why i've been less active on here.
    Anyone else have it?

If so, you should totally add me. My pilot name is Allen Dempton- same as my main character here.

2. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

I have it! Still stuck with a Cobra MK III cuz I've been doing jazz here. I'm friggin torn between SB and E:D, and I'm staying here partly because I always play alone in E:D. No friends with any interest in paying for the game, let alone peripherals.

I don't have it on steam though. Forgot my name too.

3. QuestionableMotives

Hah, I've got a Cobra too. Traded it in for my Viper. I prefer the Viper for combat, but the cobra gets the job done and i prefer the feel of it, and there's less issues with cargo space and power management. You should add me sometime.

4. Davarpe

Davarpe New Member

Any feedback from it? I would need to know how it works on low spec PCs, and about the controls, i do have a "plane stick" but it does not have much bottons (like 10), is it good to play both with the stick as the controller and the keyboard as the kebottons of the ship?

5. QuestionableMotives

The game is incredibly well optimized, if you meet the minimum specs you should be okay. I use a mouse and keyboard, which is incredibly easy after you go through the process of trial-and-error keybinding. The base controls are really awkward for keyboard and mouse but you can tune them to feel really natural.

I haven't tried joystick but I've heard its very good from other users. You should be alright with 10 buttons but obviously a keyboard would still come in handy.

6. Davarpe

Davarpe New Member

Nice, thanks for the info, i will still wait to see if they lower a bit the price, since i will not be able to play it anytime soon due to university finals, hope to play with you all when i get it though.

7. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

I have a quad core intel i5 and a gtx 760 or something, and it runs smooth as butter. Gets a bit choppy when you look around inside a super detailed space station, but other than that it's pretty great.

8. Davarpe

Davarpe New Member

sadface.PNG

9. QuestionableMotives

;(

10. Therinfluffs

Therinfluffs New Member

Proud Anaconda owner :eek: Therinfluffs on there too, I just do whatever looks interesting at the time.

I also like to 'tokyo drift' in and out of stations with said Anaconda (IE bootsing it as high as possible, diverting all energy to shields, then letting it coast on its side.) Because I'm a horrible person.

11. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Long live the Empire.

EDIT: To clarify, I like Federation better, but the Empire has such kickass ships I can't stay away.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Worth the slavery.

#11 Toadkid1234, May 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  12. Yotan

Yotan New Member

[​IMG]

13. Davarpe

Davarpe New Member

I got good news, the
    was wrong, it got my Intel HD Graphic from the Laptop, rather than the NVidia, i checked the requirements myself and i do have a laptop powerfull enough for this :D

What do you think, is there any possibility of the game lowering its price in summer? (Either in their website or Steam?)