1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Eilik, and other character ideas.

Discussion in 'Character Discussion' started by Eilik, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Eilik

Eilik New Member

Okay, so, Eilik's an odd character, something different than what I've played in the past.

No, he's not really good at everything, HE thinks he is, and I was toying with the idea of it. As Novakids do have short attention spans, but a mind for knowledge, I figured it would be interesting (and let's face it, a bit humorous) if he started taking on jobs every time he's dabbled in something. He's really a Lawman, he's dabbled around in gunsmithing for the longest time so he does know his way around a firearm, however, everything else he's only so good at.

Like for example, I first get on the server, send out a distress, and someone comes saying that he needs core fragments. Well, that's all dandy, but he has no idea what those are. He does however attempt the best of his abilities to do so. And after hours of trying to feed S.A.I.L. every ore he could find, he finally managed to find the correct rock.

Now, Eilik, who has now miraculously fixed his ship that had just collided into an asteroid hours before thinks he has a gift for that sort of things. Now he'll go about advertising that he can work on ships. This is when it gets funny, because he won't know what he's doing. Sure, he may learn fairly quickly based on trial and error, but only for specific circumstances.

Same goes for future adventures. He constructs a small shack so that he can get out of a sandstorm on a desert planet? WOW, I'm an architect. He happens to be nearby when someone is shot and gives them some bandages and helps them on their way. Hey, he's a medic.

I don't know, I found the idea funny, but if a lot of people don't want funny, I could always change. I believe in some comedic relief, and it's not that he's an overly wacky character, he just has an odd way of seeing things.

Let me know what yall think.

2. Tacoburger

Tacoburger professional taco burger

it's a neat idea
    you think you know what you're doing
    but then you really screw up someone's day by accident

3. Eilik

Eilik New Member

Exactly!

4. GuardianPotato

GuardianPotato New Member

Seems like a really great idea. I give a thumbs up.

5. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

+1

6. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

If only you knew the sad truth that this character is unintentionally a parody on a bulk of the folks who use to be on this server.

7. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

Oh god, this.

On a side note, it's a neat idea.

8. Eilik

Eilik New Member

Actually it's a parody of most of the Rpers I've met in the past that didn't know what they were talking about. (Not being an ass about it, just saying.)

9. Eilik

Eilik New Member

So, intentionally and unintentionally a parody. Awesome.

10. Eilik

Eilik New Member

Also, going to use this thread to write out longer info of my characters.