1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Education

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Tman9000, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Tman9000

Tman9000 New Member

*A video message opens and a sophisticated Hylotl appears sitting in a chair behind a desk. You can see fish swimming around in what appears to be a glass tank behind him. He is wearing a pair of glasses. His third eye blinks in the few seconds of silence with no other movement*

Hello all,

I'm seeking Educators and Students alike. I have been left with a small university on a remote planet. As of now, the facilities are brand new, but basic. upgrades can be made as necessary with recommendations. Currently I have classes open to teach about Hylotl design/architecture, Agriculture Basics, and Hylotl Thermal Energy.

Send a message to Xipilli with all inquiries or reply to this forum with questions you may have, or if you are:

- A potential educator with relative experience in a certain field
    - A potential student wanting to enroll or petition for a new class
    - Scientists/Researchers looking to rent lab space temporarily.

Thank you
    Xip

*He waves at the screen with one hand and uses a remote to turn off the camera and the feed ends*

2. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

inb4 florans trying to learn at a hylotl school
    - "Unity"

3. Shadeykins

Shadeykins New Member

Someone rated the OP's content as optimistic.

Understatement of the year, here.

What's your institution's policies regarding murdersalads, and...

What are your restrictions on what can be done with a rented lab space?

Depending on your answers I might be interested.

- HardShock

4. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

This Floran was offered a position as a teacher.
    People like you are exactly why I declined his offer.

-Professor Oak

5. Shadeykins

Shadeykins New Member

"I was offered a position as a teacher, but people are mean so I didn't take it :("

Go home and go bury your head in the ground like a proper root vegetable.

You're on the frontier.

- HardShock

6. Tman9000

Tman9000 New Member

Generally we discourage violence in the labs and school in general. If the class being taught involves fighting (i.e. fighting lessons, sword play, etc.) then it must be kept to the classroom. All other violence is prohibited on school ground.

7. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

Aside from the fact that it is entirely justifiable that I chose not to accept the offer, because of the lack of respect a Floran intellectual is likely to suffer, especially in a teaching position, where respect towards one's mentor is fundamental, it is also due to safety reasons. I wouldn't put it past someone who would be offended at the idea of a Floran being so arrogant to think they can "teach" anyone to harm me.

-Professor Oak

#7 Khaltor, Jul 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2015
  8. Doctor Frohman

Go suck a duck.
    Also your username is a blatant ripoff of some fucky game my cousin got as a handmedown. That shit won't make you any more human than you already pretend to be, cabbage-patch.
    - "Unity"
    [DOUBLEPOST=1436580194][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I dunno. One of the USCMs finest Floran maniacs taught me how to butcher a human corpse. I didn't get offended at that, only disgusted.
    - "Unity"

9. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

There's a human game which has a character named "Professor Oak"?

Huh... That'd explain why people started calling me that...

-Professor Oak

10. Doctor Frohman

He's apparently a total pedo that stalks around little kids. That may explain why they call you that as well, only instead of creepy pedo shit, you just straightup eat the kid.
    - "Unity"

11. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

I've never eaten a child.
    How about you try to learn to know someone, before you judge them by their race?
    - Professor Oak

12. Doctor Frohman

To quote my cousin.
    "<:: No, I'm good. ::>"
    - "Unity"

13. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

Your behaviour is just as toxic to the social climate of the sector as the feral Florans you detest.
    Someone ought to school the likes of you.
    - Professor Oak

14. Doctor Frohman

Anonymity makes for the most outright of emotions.
    I've had my schooling, my beatings, my endeavors, thank you very much plant.
    - "Unity"

15. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

You continue to prove yourself wrong with answers like those.
    For the sake of Mister Xipilli, I'll refrain from having this debate with you here, as we've clearly derailed from the topic at hand. I allowed myself to get drawn into this derailment by an inferior mind like yours, which is something which I shouldn't have done in the first place.
    I'm sorry to have wasted time on you. I hope you live a long, happy, long and ignorant life and that I won't have to be a part of it.

-Professor Oak

16. Doctor Frohman

I'll just be over here tinkering with the pneumatic gauntlet then. I ain't ignorant salad, I'm hateful. I know not all Florans are upfront about their horrors and shit, but lemme tell ya this.
    You see a man walking around with his pants on his head, you know he's got it all laid out there for ya. But the guy with the loving family who locks their doors at night, smiles to strangers and shit? He's got secrets even his momma wouldn't forgive him for.
    Florans work that way too. Sure, a tribal feral motherfucker may run up and try to stab the shit out of you, but no, they ain't the ones you gotta fear or seek out to finish, it's the ones that try to hide their inner feral and shit. It's there, its ingrained into your skull, and it ain't going away.
    - "Unity"

17. Tman9000

Tman9000 New Member

For those of you who have read so far....You can see the need for increased education in this sector. Better advertisement than I could have come up with, thanks fellas.

- Xip

18. Doctor Frohman

If you see this as a need for education, then your schools going to be horrible, Hylotl.
    - "Unity"

19. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

Seeing as how Mister Xipili has pretty much given us his blessing to continue our discussion, I'll follow suit.

You seem to imply that Floran savagery is an innate characteristic to our race.
    I beg to differ. Anyone who has had the pleasure to see a Floran grow up, in unconventional environments, like our Antares sector, can testify that some Florans turn out just fine, even to "human" standards. Lately, at least to my knowledge, there's been more "feral" humans at the mawl than there are feral Florans.

-Professor Oak

20. Doctor Frohman

Don't even bother comparing feral humans to feral Florans. Nor even bring up a lawless colony such as The Mawl into this. Lawlessness is where the survivalist nature of all races comes out, and is with anyone, a horrible sight.
    - "Unity"