1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Random Character Creation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Atom, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Atom

Atom New Member

Here is something different you could try for your next character. Let the dice gods decide their fate! Its a good way to break out of what your used to and helped me learn to RP different characters than I would normally play.

Pick however many traits, both pros and cons from here and assign them numbers. Or just use them all, I would suggest this.
    http://www.fiction-writers-mentor.com/list-of-character-traits.html

Then roll the dice and see what you get.
    https://rolz.org/

Some of my favorite characters have come about like this. Played by others and myself.

If you get some crazy results feel free to share them here.

#1 Atom, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2014
  2. Atom

Atom New Member

Example:
    47. Careless
    306. pleasant
    62. Communicative
    141. Fair
    417. Truthful

Sometimes if you use the whole list some traits will contradict others. Just pick the one you like better or roll again. This one turned out very balanced. You can edit this a lot to come up with crazier characters easily.

Other things to roll for:
    • Job: Soldier, medic, scientist, farmer, hunter, salesman, etc.
    • Weapon of choice: spiked baseball bat, flamethrower, nunchucks, pistol, rocket launcher, ect.
    For best result just keep rolling for things when you need to decide what a character's out look is on something if its not already covered.

Eventually you will have a unique character that may surprise you if you stick with it. You may find certain traits you play well that you didn't know you could do, and some that maybe don't work for you. This a very good exercise to expand your skills as a role player and find out what your comfortable with. The important thing to remember is to stick to what the dice gods chose, don't let your personal opinions change the path of the character.

#2 Atom, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2014
  3. FFPLEASE

FFPLEASE DANK MEMES

Interesing

4. Eleven

Eleven Mädchen in Uniform

reminds me of midgard p&p rp.
    maybe gonna use this for my new char, because i haven't thought about her much yet. could add some flaws!

5. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

I do personally like the idea, but my personal worry and message to people who try this are, don't use this to represent anything other than your character's natural and innate skills. If you roll for something like "Marksmanship" on your character and roll a 400 and use that to justify being like Hawkeye with guns, then there's a problem.

6. Atom

Atom New Member

Correct! Only use this for picking random traits and such. Skills should be developed in game.