1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Does anyone really pay attention to the quirks of the forum?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Kazyyk, Jul 7, 2015.

?

Do you care about the little things of the forum?

1. Sure, they're nice

48 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Nah, not really

5 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. What little things?

27 vote(s)
    33.8%
  1. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

I was just curious. I put a lot of time and energy into trying to make the forums an awesome experience. There's still some more stuff I've been thinking of doing, like removing the "Level" titles, adding an option to have you "choose your race" in your account settings, and have your titles change based on your level but characterized by the race you chose. Just for some fun diversity.

Stuff like that (and more) I'd do, but I've been unsure if the stuff I've already implemented sees any appreciation. The bookmark system rarely sees use, it seems.

Imho, it's the little stuff that makes the bigger picture really nice, y'know, adds the polish.
    Though I don't want to keep working on the forums if it doesn't really matter.
    You might be thinking, "Kaz, you should work on other stuff anyway."
    Well, I like working on the forums. It's fun, engaging, and usually educational. (So I do tend to tweak things often.)

So, yes, no, maybe so?

2. Node

Node Literal Edgelord

You should add a third option to the poll which is, "I didn't even know any of these things existed".

3. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Feel free to do what ya want with the forums, Kaz. They're still better than half the others out there.

4. RusMolot

RusMolot New Member

Congrats! Pretty good poll results so far - people either like the details, or don't notice them. Generally that means they haven't had a bad experience using the "little deatil" features, and they didn't find the features to be invasive to their primary goals when browsing the forums, so round of applause!

5. TaintedMythos

TaintedMythos New Member

To be honest I never even noticed the bookmark tab. I guess I always just scanned over it. I will definitely use it in the future now that I know it exists d:

6. SP3CTR3

SP3CTR3 Flipping Tables at ignorance!

I like the sidebar menu feature when you skinny up your window, all the options of the forum are collapsed into a couple menus. I assume that's what one sees when they use the forum on their phones. Cool and handy feature. ^_^

7. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

I'll be honest, this server needs to go back to its roots, starbound should not be a side attraction, it should be the real deal.

8. SP3CTR3

SP3CTR3 Flipping Tables at ignorance!

What's the main attraction then?

9. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

Right now, nothing. It's kind of trying to expand too much.

10. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Starbound is still our focus. I guess it hasn't been noticed, but the expansion operations stopped around when the Starbound crashes became prominent. Those became priority.

11. Redwilt

Redwilt Washed up has been

Im still getting used to returning after my huge absence, so I dont pop on the forum often.