1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Description forum!

Discussion in 'Concerns and Suggestions' started by squamouss, May 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. squamouss

squamouss Lore Writer

Since descriptions don't work in-game anymore, I thought it might be neat to have a sub-forum where people post the name of their character and the description they have. That way, people who want to know what they look like can check there.

1 person likes this.
  2. As much as I think that may be a good idea, I think it will end up with a, "you meet me, but read my description first" attitude, I like learning about characters on the way and if they really want to they usually send me a description in game or they will do it on the forums, if our characters become close

3. November

November Previously Sermane
    Staff Member

Some people use the "wiki" for that, but I maintain that it's a monstrosity. It's not a tough thing to just say ((Description on the wiki if you want)), and if they want to know, they'll go look. I've ended up emoting basic things like height of physique when I get into situations they'd be relevant.

4. squamouss

squamouss Lore Writer

That is a very good point, but in some cases appearance really does matter for a first impression. For example, my character's body is covered in patches of burn scars. This will obviously greatly impact another character's perception of mine, and it gets tedious having to type out that information (Along with all the other wounds its sustained during its several years of history) every time I see a new character. While I'm perfectly willing to do so, I'd prefer an easier alternative.

That is also a good point, but as you say, the wiki is an overgrown monstrosity. If we already essentially have what I have proposed, but in a more convoluted form, I see no issue with simply streamlining it and making it more accessible.

5. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

I'll go ahead and create a subforum for character descriptions while the wiki is improved and made to not be so visually unappealing, because it really is terribly formatted at the moment. I'll see what I can do about fixing that soon, but for now, hopefully a subforum will be able to fill this role.

6. squamouss

squamouss Lore Writer

Evdo u silly goose. This is the forum for discussing the formation of the description forum.

7. EvDo

EvDo Man with accent

Oh well... then I delete dis.