1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Custom Sword Sprites

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Altair, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Altair

Altair New Member

I use Starcheat on a regular basis, and am able to customize gun graphics relatively easily w/ Starcheat and Photoshop. However, I am at a loss as to how I am supposed to use the same principles with swords, axes, and other melee weapons. I am also unable to color them properly. Can anyone help?

2. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

Well, it should be fairly simple. Upon opening a sword/axe/randomgeneratedsword item in StarCheat, there should be a tab that is "drawables". Assuming you have already recolored guns, based on your post, from there the method is the same. I'm not quite sure if that is the problem you described, so if it's not a bit more explanation would help alot.

3. Fiery Wither Rose

Fiery Wither Rose TheOneMute

Attached Files:

4. Altair

Altair New Member

5. Altair

Altair New Member

No. I have been able to make custom gun sprites, but have been unable to color them. I don't know the method you just described, could you explain it to me or someone who knows?

6. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

"image": "/particles/ash/3.png"
    This would be a regular code to call a sprite png in order to make the item. If you want to recolor this png, you would add:
    ?replace;*Hexidecimal number for base color* = *Hexidecimal number for replacement color*
    So the code would look like: "image": "/particles/ash/3.png?replace;d1e160=558f55;88a826=336633"

It's slightly difficult to explain, but I'll try my best.

7. Altair

Altair New Member

I meant the shape, not the color. I know that method, and I just use starcheat. This is helpful though! Thank you!