1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Approved Custom race character (Sorry for being late!)

Discussion in 'Character Questions' started by Clockai Pyrosik, Jul 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Clockai Pyrosik

Clockai Pyrosik New Member

Race
    Android.

Name
    None programed, but he was given the nick-name 'comrade' due to his red color scheme.

Brief Description
    A old red android found in a wreckage site, very mechanical-looking, being originally built for protection of people in an escape pod. After being found, the human reprogrammed him for a laugh, erasing the old 'protector' code and replacing it with something homebrew and changing the bot's memories from "I am robot" to "I am human in suit, suit provides food/water, no need to remove suit". Somewhere along the way, the robot got missing and wound up on Mud.

Abilities or Features Granted by Custom Race
    Namely? Metal skin means he's pretty much immune to physical blows that aren't augmented (weapons or the like) or really damn strong. Weak jets are installed in his 'boots', but they're designed more for zero-g maneuvers. Being mechanical means pain is just a knowledge of damage. There's electromagnets installed in his hands for out-of-ship in-space maneuvers, but they aren't strong enough to spiderman up a building. Due to the nature of his existence though, he does have to recharge fairly regularly- old batteries and all. Since he's determined he's a human, he also attempts to do human things such as shop for clothes and get wasted.
    TLDR: Weak-ass magnet hands, weak-ass jetboots, metal skin, recharge often, kinda mental (for a 'bot).

2. Reconus

Reconus Moderator
    Staff Member

Basically a sapient EVA suit? ...

I don't see much harm in this being a thing, really. As said before, most of abillities sound EVA oriented than anything else.
    You're good to go.

3. Aiko

Aiko The Coolest Cat

The 'Metal skin means he's pretty much immune to physical blows that aren't augmented (weapons or the like) or really damn strong.' will be monitored, however.

Don't start going around saying 'You can't hurt me, it's staff approved.' :p