1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Approved Cross-stitch

Discussion in 'Colony Questions' started by Aero, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Aero

Aero New Member

Ello' lads and gals. I felt it is high time I finally make a colony -- and though it's not entirely exciting, ICly people are interested already. I believe I can produce a lot of roleplay on trying to start the colony up.

I plan on making a simple space outpost with a proper medical facility -- something plain to offer. It generally will be used for more complicated medical problem solving to offer as a service, and as an affordable place to bunker down for a little bit. There will also be a living area will stores and all that. There will be security, and minimal weapons will be permitted -- such as small caliber handguns.

The export with be ore mined from within asteroids in the belt, which is where the outpost will be stationed. Note that I do not plan on making this HUGE -- rather modest. I will include a rough diagram.

View attachment 4318

2. Reconus

Reconus Moderator
    Staff Member

Sorry for not saying anything in literally forever!
    The idea itself seems sound, in my opinion. I have only one thing to ask, though - how big would this structure be, if you can take a guess?

Otherwise, I feel having a sorts of dedicated "medical centre" could be interesting, and see a bit of use.

3. Haplap

Haplap Happypaps

I do like the idea, but i'm curious if the colony has anything beyond its medical nature to attract players and roleplay? Maybe something like a nice park or a plotline of events to attract interest.

4. Aero

Aero New Member

I planned to add a nice park in the center as well as little stores (that could be ran by people -- so Olek could have her fashionista thing going on again) in the lobby. As for potential plot-lines, maybe an infestation of some sort of creature could happen aboard the station, planned by an organization to get rid of competition in the ore market. So on so forth!

Furthermore -- I plan it to be no bigger than any other colony we've seen before -- though I will be implementing teledoors. Like I said, modest.

5. Haplap

Haplap Happypaps

So long as there's believable IC reasons for this thing to be made (Funding, motives, ect.), then I see no problems. Anything else we should know about? Starting money/equipment?

6. Aero

Aero New Member

I'm probably going to do a 'GoFundMe' type thing of StarNet to help fund it -- as well as dip into Omizu's stacks if she needs to. The motive is obviously to have somewhere other than a clinic to treat injuries -- as Omizu is quite tired of seeing the inability to give folk proper treatment in some cases. As for starting money/equipment, it will mostly be the funds from the 'GoFundMe' and whatever Omizu can spare -- and depending on how much she gets I plan to start with (in order of importance) the generators above all first, the drill to mine and at least keep the colony running from income, teleporters, medical technology, security equipment, and then misc. equipment to help for ease of access and easy living.

7. Haplap

Haplap Happypaps

So then the colony will be entirely built when it opens, or will players be able to visit as it's built?

8. Aero

Aero New Member

I plan on having it fully built, yes. If people visited without the atmospherical dome and a window shatters -- that's on me.

9. Haplap

Haplap Happypaps

Mhm. Sounds all well and good to me. So long as you fund it without any asspullin', everything's A-okay.

Approved.

10. Smokestack

Smokestack Bird man with a bird plan

11. Haplap

Haplap Happypaps