1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Couple a' WWII Pixel Weapons

Discussion in 'Art & Graphics' started by Cole Ombre, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

So Ive been making a few WWII weapons lately, and I want some way to get them in game, but Im flopping my train of thought when it comes to getting nearly 500 year old weaponry into game. Any ideas?

[​IMG]
    BAR

[​IMG]
    Browning .30 Machine Gun

[​IMG]
    M1 Garand

[​IMG]
    Thompson SMG

[​IMG]
    Kar 98k Scoped

[​IMG]
    Luger Po8

[​IMG]
    Bren Mk2

[​IMG]
    M3A1 "Grease Gun"

#1 Cole Ombre, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2014
  2. Wreth

Wreth New Member

Expensive collectors items. You should make them shoot laser. They are modern weapons designed to look old fashioned because people think they look cool. Designer guns.

3. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Style? Just because they are made to look like WWII guns doesn't mean they have to be WWII era guns. Could just say they are replicas with modern guts.

4. Reconus

Reconus Moderator
    Staff Member

The above two sound more reasonable, but you could contemplate maybe family heirlooms that have been passed down.

Then again the idea of someone keeping a damned Browning .30 as a family heirloom is very absurd... The only thing that fits with this idea is the Garand really. Maybe it could be where the M1 Garand got you interested in the "genre", to which you got the replica's for?

5. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

Dont you mean awesome? Its a :

6. November

November Previously Sermane
    Staff Member

There is a person who's house walls are literally all shelves with unique beer cans. Some of the walls are sliding shelves, there are door shelves, shelve shelves, literally a mind crushing amount of beer cans.

My point? Gun nuts are barmier than beer nuts by a country mile. There is definitely "ancient" guns in existance, though shooting them might not be conducive to their upkeep.

7. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

The collector angle is really sorta odd though, given that earth went the way of the dinosaurs. Hold that escape shuffle, my antique guns are coming with me!

As the man was promptly gunned down.

8. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

Also, if anyone ahs suggestions for my next draw, id gladly take them. A cool WWII-ish weapon

9. November

November Previously Sermane
    Staff Member

Would you argue with the sweaty Austrian with a red headband charging into the shuttle with a loaded Browning?

It's an edge case thing. I could see it being justified, but not everyone can suddenly just start pulling antique guns out of their collective arse because of it.

I mean...what if the gun nut was president of the US? "No Mr. President, you cannot bring the...sir is that loaded? Oh, what I was saying? Nevermind that sir."

Andrew Jackson would have done it.

I would also believe humans were off Earth previous to the tentacle bomb of death. I'd put money that on some station there is an Old Man Willy's Slide Whistle Emporium too.

For suggestions: Scoped Einfield, M18 recoilless, and a Browning Auto-5. Remmy's and others are also nice, sadly I don't know many of the guns used outside the US.

10. Reconus

Reconus Moderator
    Staff Member

Agreed. Seeing that humans are quite relaxed with other races does show they've been in obvious contact with other planets. Also the fact that USCM bases seem to be scattered here and there.

11. Switchback

Switchback Iss likess fissh eyess~!

Luger P08.
    Luger P08.
    Luger P08.
    Luger P08.
    Luger P08.
    Luger P08.
    Luger P08.

make a Luger P08.:D

12. Leschinsky

Leschinsky Bohemic Tendencies

The thing about WWII era guns is;
    they are incredibly easy to mass produce.
    There was hardly any complicated inner bits; they were primitive, rugged weapons.
    This is something that could still be valued today.
    A decent portion of our own armed forces still use the Colt M1911, which turned 103 not so long ago.
    Now; I'm not saying these are modern-made presses of our grand-daddies guns.
    But more over; a conversion. The designs I'm sure were stuck in some USCM databank somewhere, and a military scientist *COUGH JACE COUGH* decided to use the old designs, along with modern accoutrements to keep them on par with other weaponry of today, for a cheap, reliable weapon.
    You don't reinvent the hammer when you wanna build a house; why start from scratch with weapon design? ((Also if Jace is anything like Cole then cutting corners is a valid option as well))
    Incredibly cheap, durable, rugged gear that uses modern ammo loads, and an idiot with the proper presses could make the parts for in his garage.
    An armed force on a shoestring budget would eat this kind of thing up; see AK-47 in every engagement of the last 50 odd years.
    Edit; Bren LMG suggested.
    [​IMG]

13. Venom

Venom New Member

Thousands of surplus M1 Garands have been sold through the CMP that still run flawlessly, same with M1 carbines and Springfields. Dozens of companies make reproductions as well. People own and fire weapons from the 1800s and as time goes on we only find more and more ways to preserve these things. I think it's safe to say you don't need to worry about them fitting the timeline. As for suggestions, how about a Mosin Nagant? So many of those damned things trolling around. Also, a good old government 1911 and perhaps an FG-42 or grease gun.

14. Shinki

Shinki New Member

Make me a Kar-98k please, AND a arisaka raifu. Not to mention... If only I had a MG-42...
    MG-42 had an extremely high RoF.

15. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

Drawn

Drawn

Drawn

Drawn

Also:
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?...naaaaah.......naah....maybe

16. Switchback

Switchback Iss likess fissh eyess~!

hnnng i luv u

17. Venom

Venom New Member

That Bren and grease gun is beautiful. You could use an equivalent for the Kar 98k, a M1913 scoped springfield.

18. Tomwell1

Tomwell1 New Member

Can you make the gun in game? Cause, I would start thinking about a character that used a sniper rifle from that long ago.

19. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

I -CAN- but the only problem is -why- I would ahve them in game in the first place. I mean, a Luger, or maybe even the rifles, yeah maybe, but whos gonna keep a friggin .30 in their back pocket?

20. Tomwell1

Tomwell1 New Member

Make a TF2 sniper char, or something similar. That's work golden