1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Cool piece brah

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by GateKeeper, May 3, 2014.

1. GateKeeper

GateKeeper New Member

So I have noticed some people have really cool looking weapons made using starcheat, Now I am just curious on how they make the gun look different, I know how to edit stats and such but I just want to know how to make the gun look different so I can have a one of a kind gauss rifle looking thing.

2. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

Aight brah so like
    First ya gotta unload them assets like real fast man, -> http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/modpackhelper.1828/
    like greased up duck in a cows birth canal fast.

Then you open up starcheat. Once you got them there assets unpacked, you just start replacing drawables.

Like...

Lemme find you some screenshots.

first, find drawables on that list there

[​IMG]

Then, dooble clack, you'll see them file paths n stuff,

[​IMG]

Replace that filepath with the filepath of da gunpart you wanna see, it can be, any part, any part at all. Hell even, all of the parts, if you mess with the x,y coord bits. Oh and those numbers, let you color things. Starcheats website has a lil handy dandy tutorial on that

But here's a bunch of gunparts sitting in the unpacked assets place thang,

[​IMG]

But yeh

There ya go. Fun stuff. The world is your kfc now.

3. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

OH before I forget. You can add like... A lot of extra parts to, so like... You could technically just make a stupidly long barrel for jolly giggles

4. GateKeeper

GateKeeper New Member

Thanks man