1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Concern: Be aware of the 'child doctor'

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Mordaith, Feb 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mordaith

Mordaith New Member

Sadness. It is terrible to see so many wonderful humans adrift in this galaxy. My thoughts go with them. The loneliness of space can make us long for companionship. It can make us desperate. It can make us claim and do things to impress others.

Conflicted. I have considered issuing this warning for a day or two, but I can not simply sit by and allow possible harm to come to others through my own inaction. While I sympathize with the lonely child, the following can not be tolerated.

Cautious. If all current data is correct, a young boy, alone in the universe, a human, named Noah claims to be a Doctor. A doctor with the skills to treat Human, Avian and Floran patients. This is very disconcerting. When questioned about this on Galaxy Band Radio, he displayed a lack of knowledge of medical terms that even a layman would be familiar with.

Firm. Please, do not be cross at this boy. He is alone. He seeks a place in the universe. But, if you should find yourself in need of medical attention, and he is the only option, I would highly recommend praying instead.

Observation. He has claimed to have treated people. If this is the case, it is highly unlikely that it was due to his medical skill. It is likely to have been luck or divine intervention.

Closing. It is simply not feasible for a 16 year old boy to be practising medicine, and have a working knowledge of at least three vastly different species.

Sorrow. I may seem cruel in this post. And no doubt many out there already know of this. But my concious can not allow me to not try to help prevent injury or loss of life through infantile malpractice.

Apologetically.
    Angran Rust
    Science Vessel Quagmire

2. Liraxus

Liraxus New Member

Noah, when I get back, we're talking.

I'm really annoyed.

-Sativa "Noah" Oran

3. Lavinda

Lavinda New Member

-Lin-

Um. I don't really understand this, but I think what you're doing is nice!

I think...

4. Narfball

Narfball narfball

(( Misfit. ))

gun go hyre him 2 teech him medicne. fuk yeh.

5. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

This kid tried to treat me after I got in a scrap (you should have seen the other guy). Tried to juice me with random med. Thankfully a real doctor stopped him. When asked why he was gotta inject me and what with, he was baffled that there was more then one thing that came in a needle, and that they had labels.

6. Lavinda

Lavinda New Member

-Lin-

Where is all this taking place, anyway?

7. Izzida

Izzida New Member

- Izzida -

I can't talk for others experiences but he did successfully keep me from dying from some severe blood loss the other day. From what I was told when I finally woke-up he gave me a successful blood transfusion. Haven't had any trouble yet. Felt I had to say something good about him for that, despite the unrelated trouble he's caused a few of my friends.

I don't know much about medicine, but I know I'm not dead or damaged and that's good enough for me. When it comes to a life or death matter, I'd rather have him there then nothing. He knew more then the first guy who tried to treat me.

8. Sen

Sen Guest

human is also multi billion pixel owner but does not explain where pixel come from

is laughable

9. Lavinda

Lavinda New Member

-Lin-

Heyy.. That doesn't answer my question at all..I wanna meet this guy!

10. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

I ain't sayin' she's a gold digga'...

11. Aissa

Aissa Clockwork Pastry Lobster

He might've saved one or two people, but even a broken clock's right twice a day. Just not for very long.

I mean, sure. You've got a guy bleeding out and you're the best chance he's got, you do what you have to do. That's not the same as claiming to know the biologies of three different species by reading a few textbooks. I've seen enough bad back-alley surgeries to be appalled by seeing someone holding up a desire to do good as more important than any kind of actual medical school or years of clinical experience (and then dismissing his critics as "bullies" when it was pointed out that doctors generally spend years learning their science before they begin treating patients for a reason).
    Reading a couple books and then treating people lends a whole new, creepy meaning to the words "practicing medicine."

I get that he's young and idealistic, and probably genuinely wants to do good in the galaxy. The road to hell's paved with good intentions. He's really lucky if his attempts to play doctor haven't accidentally sent someone there already.

-Aissa-

12. Izzida

Izzida New Member

-Izzida-

Reall I'm not saying anything about the credibility of his medical knowledge or experience. I'm just saying I'd rather take him over praying to anything any day. Can't be too harsh on someone who did good by you once already. That's all I've got to say on the matter.

13. Silver

Silver Ain't no thing like me 'cept me.

It is not my place to make prescriptions in matters that do not concern me, but perhaps instead of disparaging the youth's lack of training, someone could begin providing that training. It is clear he has an interest and will find victims regardless, so to take him as a ward would make fine philanthropy.

14. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

((I love how I got a "hospital's negligence" ad while scrolling down this)

15. Sen

Sen Guest

(( Silskeer ))

I disagree. If someone cannot come to the realization of the danger of malpractice then that person should not be practicing at all. Something so obviously dangerous should not require training to correct.

16. Doc

Doc Video Game Extraordinaire

((Doc))

It pains me to see someone using the handle of "doctor" when real doctors like myself go through YEARS of training to earn the title.

17. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

((674))
    Agreed. Having the title of Doctor isn't something that is just given out or used willy-nilly. People like you gotta go through so much more training than all those fake wanna-be's.

18. Aradin Stanguit

Aradin Stanguit The Vigil's Jester

Sapbleeder -

Sssaw had tenticless and when sshot needless at not get hurt, think ssomething sstupid iss up with.

19. Noah Campbell

Noah Campbell New Member

((Was Omitted, That'd be godmodding even though armor can do the same thing with a wooden needle.))

-Noah-

I understand You all fear that a teenager is learning medical science.

I still have much to learn, and I feel the more I do, The more fit I am to help people. I've been searching for a proper teacher, But the first one I asked didn't seem up for it. Most likely because of my age. Do not come to me for Medical help, But If I am the only one available, And it's something urgent, I will do everything in my knowledge to do so. I am not learning this stuff to become a doctor. That profession has no Appeal to me. I am learning it so that I may help people.

Ahem, Sen. I will not explain where I get my fortune.

I do not call myself a doctor, Every one seems to call me that. I'm not even a nurse yet, I still have 9th grade math skills... I'm not that impressive.

If you all have question's ask them here. I am more than willing to speak to you.

I do have good intentions, I want to save people's lives, and if I'm the only option. Then I will try to help.

If you would like to talk with people I've treated, Then go for it, Seek them out. I have helped with a lot of things. And the people I have helped, It was successful. I am proud for that, Does that make me cocky? Not really, Makes me more confident, that the work I am learning is working.

I am not "Playing doctor". I am trying to save people. You don't play with lives. Unless you're a sadistic torturer.

Thank you for giving me the attention that you all think I craved. It is so great to know people are fearing me for wanting to do good.

As for anyone willing to teach me, I'll be around Tetanus fields in the Beta sector. Now, please everyone calm down.

As of me being alone, I am in a relationship, I would love to make more friends, Friends are great. They comfort you.

That is all. Your's truly.

Noah Campbell.

20. Doc

Doc Video Game Extraordinaire

((Doc))

Twelve years to earn my title, and many years of practice to get to my level of skill. "Wanna-be's" frustrate me very much as a result.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.