1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

S:\System\Office\Users\Ryoku\Log

Discussion in 'Character Journals' started by Davarpe, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Davarpe

Davarpe New Member

Loading data
    =====================================================
    Current date//Corrupted date
    Reseting date

Date set: 1-1-1
    Time set: 00:00

Opening file

Loading user interface

Opening Wordtext.exe

Hello world.
    At least this is what they say when they start a program, or something like that, do not they?

Well... Now i am here writing this thing... What can i say. First things first, why am i doing this? I never had the need of writing such things like a diary, yet now i feel like i should write my feelings, my days, all the important things that happens to me here, in a place... "Safe".

I think i am writing this because i am scared, i try to look calm and happy outside, but i trully am scared... I am a defenseless Hylotl in the corner of civilised space, surrounded by people armed to the teeth that will be willing to shoot if they either have the chance or the incentive. I think i will not last long... So... That is why i am writing this, so that, if i am lucky, once i am dead somebody will loot my ship, find this file, and, hopefully, will send this to my family. I love and miss you Dad and Mum... I really miss the way you used to say that i needed to make things better, that i should pay more attention to our culture to our "magnific" way of life... Even though i hated it every time you told me...

I think the next question to answer to that person that may found this once i am dead, is how i got here. Well, as you can see, dear looter or scavenger, this ship is a huge one. I do not know how will you find it, but it was once a freighter, so, yes. My work during the peacefull period of my time that i spend in Hylotl space was as a freighter. I am not so proud of it, i think i would have done well as an architect, blueprints were my joy, yet i was left behind because i showed interet in other races, moving me toa lower life as a freighter... How nasty can our people be...

I used to move cargo from one of our farm worlds to the main HUB where it was distributed to the other planets, it was an easy local system journy that took my like two or three days to make one way if i had no problems during the flight. The cargo i usually had to deliver were vegetables and fishes from the colony, and home products on the way back.

The issue came one day during my way to the HUB, where i was assaulted by pirates... I kept working on that journy for like one year and i never had big problems, but i was still not much experienced on what to do in case of pirates... Fear got me, and i did what i thought was the best; i turned the FTL engine on, and inserted some random coordinates.

My expression at that moment should show joy, i succesfully scaped a group of pirates, yet i encountered another problem once the jump was done, asteroids belt. Those damn coordinates lead me to an asteroid belt dense enough to make me collide into one of the big stone balls, luckily the only part of the ship i broke was the FTL engine, leading all the other thrusters all around the ship in a nice condition, so i proceed to radio around, and got an answer; "There is a colony called Katune." And there i went when i had the coordinates... So that is how a young left behind Hylotl end up in the end of the civilised space...

At least there is no bad at all in here... I found a "Marx", the same that brought me to Katune, he said that he could help me sell all the food within my freighter, maybe that will give me enough money to reparir my FTL and go back home.

I think i should rest, i need to put out all my anxiety...

Saving data
    Set name: Log
    Current date: 1-1-1
    Current time: 00:21
    Locking file
    Set password: ********

Password set

Closing Log.exe

#1 Davarpe, Apr 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2015
  2. Davarpe

Davarpe New Member

Opening Log.exe
    Current date 4-1-1
    Current time 00:42
    Insert password: ********
    Correct password
    Opening file

Loading user interface

Hello again
    , dear looter.
    Today was a nice day if i compare it to yesterday. I met a lot of people, i will go by the day, since i think it is important that i try to keep as many names as i can. First i remember meeting an Avian called Ziggy, i talked with him a bit, he also showed some interest in helping me to both fix my engine and to help me sell the food, maybe i will make a good deal with the food. He was quite interesting, and he also talked to me about a "Max", the person who run Katune. I think i better stay in contact with him to get a house and a job, i am going to really need a job here...

After that, a floran came, and well, i really got scared... You know, they like took our homeworld and destroy it, or i guess that last thing... We heard many stories about how aggressive they can turn, and how hard it can be to scape from them... It really scared me and i could not control myself. The avian attempted to calm me down, and after like one or two hours watching how calm the floran was, in the end, i calmed, yet i did not trust that creature.

The Floran left and i talked with Ziggy a bit about them, he opened my mind, he said that Florans can be loyal, and that they follow an strict code of honour. Like they will not kill you unless you do someting wrong. Well, i belevied what he said, and i opened my mind, the spirit of adventure and seek of other cultures rather than our own elitistic invaded my soul, i wanted to know more about every race.

And it was then after some hours, that the same floran got in the bar. She did recognised me and act like... Ignoring me. A conversation between Ziggy and the Floran started, and i felt like i should join and apologise for my behaviour earlier, and i did so, and i do not regret it, because she opened her mind to me, and talked to me about many deep things about their way of life, or her thoughts. She even invited me to visit their tribe, and even though i really felt scared at first, Ziggy cheered me up and i ended up accepting the journy.

First i got to her ship, a salvage vessel. "Whoa" it was chaotic, yet in that chaos Florans are able to understand and manage the technology that they did not even develop. That is quite impressive. She showed me some belongings that she felt proud of, i really was scared when she showed me the "trophy" room, i guess, a mountain of bones was pilled in a corner, really creepy, but hell, it is their way of being, isn't it? Culture is not about liking or disliking, it is about the way a group of beings carry life, and if it is their culture... I should learn.

After that, she brought me to her tribe, and i could see fascinated the way of their architecture, details, their arts... I guess their main art is the hunt, so they really make a lot of things related to aggresive or imposings works. We ended up in her home, where she showed me some of her belongings, we stood in front of a big carved bone, where she told me her story, and he told me her goal. "To make people see that Florans are not bad." I understand you, Hakachi. I will help you, or at least, i think i will try, and by that i will also learn more things about your people.

After that nice day, i ended up tired in my ship, and well, i needed to tell you that, dear looter, since, well, at least i am fighting me demons, and i am starting to win over them.

Good night.

Saving data
    File name Log
    Current date: 4-1-1
    Current time: 01:07
    File password: ********
    Correct password

Closing Log.exe