1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Colony Idea

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Thewaltham, May 30, 2016.

1. Thewaltham

Thewaltham New Member

This is an idea for a colony I've had in the past, but, I feel it's about time to put it into fruition if you guys want it.

Now, I wanted to create a large city that has a genuine science fiction feel, something that seems to be lacking in this sci fi universe. So far I am thinking large biodomes on an otherwise hostile planet, filled with large fancy buildings. Of course, this is just a random idea.

As for setup, so far I'm thinking that this colony was abandoned, and the founder has spent a fairly long time getting the least run down and dilapidated dome set up to be liveable again, and has opened it up to colonists. Some of the other domes do have life support functional, however their buildings and facilities are in a much more run down state.

[​IMG]

I found an image on the internet with the exact sort of thing I had in mind. Who would be interested in this idea?

Update. The colony will be on a lava world. It originally was an Apex colony, primarily built for all the people higher up the miniknog food chain, however, the world suffered a large meteor strike and became heavily seismically active. The colonists abandoned however, with the Apex's sturdy construction techniques, the majority of the colony survived.

The reason for rebuilding? A strange new and valuable resource has been found (which I haven't yet figured out what it will be) plus the opportunities for oodles of geothermal energy.

#1 Thewaltham, May 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  2. JohnShadow

JohnShadow "Now you're all alone, little Caroline."

Sounds cool, and that drawing helped visualize

3. Recluse

Recluse New Member

I like it.

4. EvDo

EvDo Man with accent

I can help with build.