1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Colony Defense

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Punished Tacc, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

So how do we treat colonies when they are "inactive"? As in, the population of it is offline? There have been a few cases where, during the off hours of a colony, someone has come on and done something that, were the colony active, would not have happened. Comments, thoughts? Do we assume that residents are still there, but are asleep? Or do they pop out of existence? Are people who are guards IC go off duty and leave the colony undefended? This is important.

2. White

White The Guy who is always working.

If you wish to do a aggressive act against a -colony- inform the leader ooc, and arrange for a timezone where both parties may be present as would otherwise ic occur.

what i'd vote for a highly military complex isn't empty just because people needs sleep/work etc rl.

3. Ivrian

Ivrian New Member

Agreed, just because people cant be there for whatever reason. It would be wrong to assume a place would be deserted especially in the case with factions, I would hate it if our place got raided and people are being like "Nobody was there, your loss."

4. Aleiksei

Aleiksei New Member

I assume every colonies are just as secure, except for Avalon, since it's a big city, the nightlife might be more dangerous.

5. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

I agree with what people have said here, it seems silly to think that the group that stays up the latest wins. I've had people say to me in the past that the place was "unguarded". And I feel as though if we placed NPC guards, someone would just say they killed them all with silencers. We should probably get an official rule down pertaining to this, something along the lines of "An inactive colony (that is, all residents and guards are offline) can be assumed to still be populated and well guarded."