1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Checking In

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Kazyyk, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Hello, everyone!

I just wanted to check in and say a few things that have been on my mind lately.
    I'm not omniscient. I can't always know what's going on, and while we have logs, I'm not constantly checking them. If the server crashes a lot, please tell me. If there's any trouble at all, please tell me.
    You may be surprised to know the amount of information that isn't reported to me because it seems like everyone assumes I should or would already know. Even if you feel like I might already know, please report it!
    I cannot stress enough that I love reports. It keeps me in the know. It doesn't matter if I receive 1 or 2 dozen, they're all helpful.

Also, I'd like to bring back attention to our Staff Application process: http://community.playstarboundrp.com/threads/staff-applications.5171/

I've been negligent lately in responding and handling these. I apologize. Life has gotten the best of me these past few days, but that's no excuse. I'm sending messages out to all of those potential candidates tonight. If you haven't received a message, don't despair, it could mean two things:
    1. You're still under consideration
    2. You're not what we're looking for at this time
    In case 2, once I have some free time, I will be messaging you letting you know if you are still being considered or not (a reserve, persay) and ask you if you're interested in being in the reserve.

We could use more Reviewers in particular, but any position is helpful. If you want to help, please apply.
    An additional note on the Arbiters: This position may or may not come to fruition. It is amongst discussion/debate internally amongst Staff whether or not we want to implement this type of in-game arbitration. Feel free to comment below with your thoughts on the matter, as well.

So, to sum up:
    • Please report everything - it's better than assuming I just know, because more likely than not, I don't.
    • If you have an issue/complaint, please speak to me about it before taking action - I promise to do my best to find a resolution.
    • We need Reviewers!
    • Please apply if you're interested in helping.
    That's all for this post, folks.
    Thanks for reading!

2. Sammy McHammyDoodle

Sammy McHammyDoodle New Member

It may sounds like another painfully obvious question from me but I've never had anything to report before, do I just start a conversation and that will be it?
    XoXo
    -Sammy

3. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Painfully obvious is better than not asking at all! Yes, just start a conversation.

4. skipi

skipi New Member

aye aye, cap'n

5. Sammy McHammyDoodle

Sammy McHammyDoodle New Member

Kthx

6. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

THE ADMIN HATH SPOKEN!

7. RoxasVHS1

RoxasVHS1 New Member

Hehe... This may also seem like a pretty obvious and/or stupid question, but how do you actually... get on the server...? :/

8. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Tap that bright "apply" near the top of the form and you will find the steps for applying there.

9. RoxasVHS1

RoxasVHS1 New Member

I know that and i have done it already but how long would it take for someone to reply?

10. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

Generally 12-24 hours is a good time to expect. However, it can vary. Before I stepped down as moderator, some apps would be replied to as soon as 1-4 hours. However, it can take as much as 2 days.