1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Approved Character App

Discussion in 'Character Questions' started by ScarletSongbird, Sep 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ScarletSongbird

ScarletSongbird Galactic Hitchhiker

Alright, so this character isn't a robot, well, mostly. I was told I should submit an app, and was planning to anyway. So here it is. There's a lot to work out, and I'm currently working on a possible event to include the character in, so the origin is currently a bit hazy.

Name: Virginia Crow

Appearance: Crow is a cyborg, which is part of the reason I thought an application would be good to have as technically that's not really a vanilla race. Crow has white hair, red eyes, very pale, and built lightly. Both of her eyes are mostly artificial, with the sclera being plastic, the lenses being actual glass lenses, and her retina being cybernetic, a few of her teeth are made of metal, a section of her skull is layered plastic and a small part of her brain is cybernetic. A few of the bones in her body are lightweight metal, a few of her hand bones, a couple of ribs, and a section of her spine. Her entire left calf and foot is robotic, a white plastic shell over metal inner workings. Otherwise, Crow is entirely an age 18 human.

Abilities: Standard human abilities, probably cares less if she's poked in the eye or kicked in the shin.

Strengths: Extensive knowledge of biology and treatment of corpses.

Weaknesses: Standard human weaknesses, possibly EMP's or high voltage shocks, standard human interaction.

Origin: Here's where the things get hazy. Crow is a clone, cloned from a woman by the name of Virginia Crow, which is why she's built like she is. The machine used to create her hadn't enough materials to actually create a full clone, and while it also functioned as a machine that built robots, it did its job to the best of its programming. Due to this, Crow is albino and has all of the robotic parts she has. Currently I'm not entirely sure how the cloning machine itself works, organic 3D printing should be a good start. And as a clarification, Crow is a completely different person than that of the original Virginia Crow she was cloned from, the only commonalities that exist are looks... well, most looks. This isn't a memory cloning instance as that's just garbage. Crow was created at age ten, the only memories encoded for her were how to talk, how to walk, and the information for what her job will be. This is done by the machine stimulating the areas of the brain required to form synapses that relay the proper information for working, talking, and walking.

Purpose: Crow was created on a planet where the main workforce was that of clones. Crow's purpose was to be an undertaker and a caretaker for the dead. As such, that's the information she knows.

Background: The planet Crow is on has since fallen, or at least that's my current take, due to a revolution by the lower class and the working clones. Crow was created a good two decades after the planet fell, and is currently the only living creature on the planet, accompanied only by the worker drones which used to assist the clones in their work. Due to this, Crow is extremely socially maladjusted and has no idea what other humans or anything else look like. She also has no idea that space exists, or that there's anything else to the world. She exists day to day gathering skeletons of the dead, caring for the ones already where they should be, and occasionally exploring with her drones.
    I plan on making the discovery of the planet an event, which might actually be fun, just an exploratory event to tell a story. Crow might pose as an unknowing antagonist, working to get the event goers off the planet from behind the scenes while they figure out what happened to the city and the planet.

All of this is still flexible and I know cloning is frowned upon on the server. The machines that create clones are out of order by now, and I'm ready to explain them if need be.

2. Haplap

Haplap Happypaps

Even with the cloning, this is fine. Cloning would suggest a complete redo of somebody with their previous memories and such, this just seems to be test tube babies with some DNA of folks to start it off. So basically, go at it. Approved.