1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Cateth's Chemical Creations

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Malachar, May 5, 2015.

1. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

I've been thinking. Might be a good idea if others out there had access to some of the things I use to defend myself.
    I'm no saleswoman, I'll just say what they are, what they do, and what it will cost.

Lethal.
    Syringe based.

Nightshade- Syringe delivered toxin extract, lethal within a 30 seconds to a minute of anything smaller than an elephant. Those are old animals from earth that were bigger than your average prefab house.
    Cost: 1.000 Pixels
    Antidote Alone: 200 Pixels

Wither- Syringe delivered toxin much like Nightshade, [death within a minute] but tailored for use against florans. Harmless to organics. Antidote now available thanks to the help of Mattulip.
    Cost: 600 Pixels
    Antidote: 100 Pixels

Canister based-easily breakable, meant to shatter on impact, store carefully.

Inferno- Canister contained firebomb mixture, that reacts violently and creates a fire ball about 2-3 meters in width. Great for use against any target, especially Florans, due to their natural phobie of fire.
    Cost: 700 Pixels

Matter-Bane- Canister contained, corrosive acid. Eats through most tested heavy metals and cloths, as well as rock. Few things can contain it properly. After contact with the air, it will eventually lose it's corrosive properties after a minute. The use for this is to give someone trying to kill you, even the sturdy glitch, a very bad last day. It being an acid, also naturally has uses beyond simply attack.
    Cost-1000 Pixels

Non-Lethal
    All Syringe based.

Sleeping Beauty- Heavy duty tranquilizer, that sends a "sleep" signal to the body's brain, not relying on crude anesthetics, which in turn makes 1 dose fairly universal. Antidote available to end effect early, otherwise it lasts for two hours.
    Cost- 500 Pixels
    Antidote-100 Pixels

Crumple- Fast acting Paralytic agent, upon injection, a target usually only has around 20 seconds before total loss of muscle control, as they crumple to the ground, fully conscious, but immobile. The few things they usually retain control over are their eyes and ability to speak.
    Cost-700 pixels
    Antidote-200 Pixels

Vibrate-Setting- Orginally a failed version of "crumple". Instead of full paralysis, this one induces uncontrollable seizures and muscle spasms. Uses may include sowing discord amidst enemies, especially melee combatants.
    Cost- 800 Pixels
    Antidote-200 Pixels

Crucio- A "failed" version of Nightshade. This early serum did not produce quick death as expected, instead it caused the nervous system to emit what seemed to be the maximum possible "pain signal" There is obviously only one use for this.
    Cost- Only by special request and personal review of you and your intents by myself, it is not publicly available.
    Antidote-100 Pixels

Misc. Items.

Immune System Supplements- Created from my own need. A once a day injection to boost someone's immune system to levels of that of a healthy person.
    1,000 Pixels for a 2-week Supply.

"Universal Antidote" - By no means truly universal, this syringe administers anti-agents that can neautralize most conventional and natural poisons.
    Cost- 100 Pixels

Pneumatic Delivery System- Put simply, it's a gun that shoots the syringes and canisters I make, using pneumatic technology instead of explosions of ballistic weapons to make sure said items don't break inside the barrel.
    Cost-5,000 Pixels due to impossibility of mass production.

Avesmingo Juice
    A personal lifelong project leads me to always having a large stockpile of this.
    Cost- 1,000 per dozen bottles.

Special Orders
    I am always interested in trying and testing new creations, so if any of you have thoughts on things you may like, contact me.

~Cateth

#1 Malachar, May 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2015
  2. Raideck

Raideck Member

Interesting I may contact you in the future about a possible contract.
    -Borish

3. Kiva

Kiva New Member

Hello What races do These work ON??
    - CASEY
    you forgot to say what races they are usable ON

4. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

Almost everything mentioned will work as desired against everything but florans and glitch.
    This is because of the vast differences in systems and organs.

So, if you need to protect yourself against them, I recommend Wither or Inferno for florans, and Matter-Bane or Inferno for glitch.

"Flesh races" all react about the same way to the same poisons, with few exceptions.

~Cateth

5. Kiva

Kiva New Member

I find that Hard to Believe

6. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

Good to see my investment being put to use. Keep up the good work.
    -Greg

7. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

Which part confuses you?
    ~Cateth

8. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

And people wonder why Antares isn't safe.

-RayBeluga

9. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

Because too many people don't have the means to defend themselves. And may be too weak to use conventional weaponry.

I understand not everyone who may buy these would be honest. That's why I sell the antidotes at a fraction of the price for the poisons.
    ~Cateth

10. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Making alarmingly dangerous products like these available to the irresponsible fools and ill-intended bandits in Antares is analogous to handing out nuclear warheads to children. Not only are they enormously dangerous, some of them are simply ethically disastrous.

For instance, I see no reason why this should be even considered as a product.
    Crucio- A "failed" version of Nightshade. This early serum did not produce quick death as expected, instead it caused the nervous system to emit what seemed to be the maximum possible "pain signal" There is obviously only one use for this.
    Cost- Only by special request and personal review of you and your intents by myself, it is not publicly available.
    Antidote-100 Pixels

Are we supposed to trust your judgement on who gets this "maximum pain you could ever experience" drug?Let alone "Nightshade", which you advertise as a dreadfully deadly toxin, commerically available to your everyday assassin.

You are not giving people a means to defend themselves. You are giving them more reason to.

11. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

One of the only instances I would ever sell Crucio is for a situation such as interrogating a mass murderer for the location of his surviving victims. If that.

And Nightshade is no different than a bullet, in practice, except for the fact it is a lot harder to inject yourself with a cure for a gunshot wound.
    ~Cateth

12. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

How are chemical weapons any worse than firearms or blades? Fucking double standards up in here.
    -Greg

13. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

My thoughts as well.
    Nightshade/Gunshot
    Crucio/maniac with a knife (guess which one isn't regulated)
    Inferno/Grenade
    Wither/Gunshot
    SB/strangulation

I made these first and foremost for myself as even some of the smallest caliber weapons are liable to break my wrists with the kickback. How different is it really from arms dealers?

14. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Not different at all. Do you wish to be categorized as one?
    Defense is nonlethal whenever possible.

15. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

Read the 'non-lethal' category for fuck sake
    -Greg

16. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

It's technically accurate to call me one, so I suppose I don't particularly mind.
    And while I agree, it's good to have the tools necessary for when a life or death situation is the only way. I wish I had had a Wither syringe ready when I was taken by tribal florans in the last weak. A dear friend of mind thankfully was able to track me down. Took them down with an axe instead. There was no negotiating. I had to spend a good amount of time convincing him he wasn't a monster himself afterwards.

And sometimes merely having lethal weaponry is enough of a deterrant for those who would wish to do you harm otherwise.
    ~Cateth

17. Therinfluffs

Therinfluffs New Member

[email protected]

I can see several of these 'non lethal' products utilized as very sadistic, easily implimented rape drugs.
    This systems awkwardly obsessed with murdering one another. Ya'll need to learn to get high.

18. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

If I ever hear of my self-defense tools being used as such, I will hand out free nightshade and inferno doses to whoever would want to hunt those people down. Possibly even come over myself with a Crucio.
    ~Cateth

19. Coolguy

Coolguy Coolest mod around

Hey, Floran will help with testing if won't kill Floran to find antidote. Could just asked.
    -Militantmaneater

20. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

The fact that many testing beasts [enter wilderness, attract predators] died to confirm antidotes for Nightshade worked leads me to think it wouldn't be a good idea for you. As there are no other comparable species of animal to florans. Thank you for the offer, but I'd rather not risk your death like that.
    ~Cateth