1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Captain looking for work and/or crew.

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Ratmanners, Feb 9, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Ratmanners

Ratmanners New Member

I'll be brief. I tried retirement. I gave it a shot, honest. It just didn't agree with me, so here I am, settling into a safer sector to try and scrape the rust off my ship and my trigger finger. I'm looking for work, for anyone who would hire me. Need someone to watch your back while you dig your little excavation? I'm your girl. Looking for a pilot to taxi you from one planet to the other? My ship's the fastest in the beta sector. Got an ugly mug mucking up your lifestyle? I've got an extra bullet.

For those who are lost and don't know what to do with themselves, send me a private message and we'll see about setting up a meet. It's not all that fun to travel the stars all by your lonesome, and if you sign up with me, I'll make sure you get paid fairly. That said, I'm not about to hire just anyone with a gun. You'll be put through an informal interview, and if it all works out, shiny. If not, better luck next time.

Those looking to hire or to be hired, send me a message on my private channel, or respond publicly to this listing. We'll discuss more depending on the level of interest shown.

-Captain S. C. Sedgewick

2. Sen

Sen Guest

floran think human look very tasty

3. Ratmanners

Ratmanners New Member

Thanks. I work hard to maintain a delicious appearance.

4. Sen

Sen Guest

how human make delicious? floran want know for floran cooking

5. Ratmanners

Ratmanners New Member

I make sure to bathe myself in an array of spices every morning.

Now please, let's keep this little thread on topic.

6. Sen

Sen Guest

floran have best bounty go do floran bounty on false floran chief floran offer 3↑↑↑↑3 pixels for head

7. Ratmanners

Ratmanners New Member

I've seen your bounty, and I'll say now that I'm not interested in rivalries or capturing criminals. Not until I've scraped off a great deal of rust, anyway. For now... I'm only interested in low risk scenarios.

8. Sen

Sen Guest

human will not find low risk, only no risk and suicide risk

9. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

[As Tom] Hmm.. Interesting to see some competition. I'm not particularly interested in being hired or hiring you since I'm looking for work on my OWN ship with my crew.... but maybe we could exchange client connections? Can't think of a better way to find work than to get referenced to directly from a hands on source, right? You help me find work, I help you find work, so on so forth. What do you think?

10. Ratmanners

Ratmanners New Member

That could work. I'll let you know if I find anything that I'm not interested in.

11. Corvus

Corvus New Member

(( Damn, I'm really interested in this, but most of my characters are either wrapped up or too stupid. ))

12. Ratmanners

Ratmanners New Member

( Make another character! )

13. Corvus

Corvus New Member

:Spore:
    Name isssss Sssspore.
    Ussse gun.
    Issss nice Floran.
    Sssssssign up.
    Interviewsssss.

14. Ratmanners

Ratmanners New Member

( After some minor debate, and a lot of prodding from a really cool individual, I'm going to be doing something different with this. I'll keep the thread up, but I'm solely looking for crew members now. I'm going to be hosting d20 events with those interested, so long as I can get the approval of an admin or two. If this works out, I'll be providing my own sort of jobs from NPCs for this crew to work on, which involves creating bases and designing encounters and generally GMing a Starbound d20. More updates on this as it develops. )

15. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

(That sounds like a legit idea! You know after the beta stages are done Chucklefish was going to be implementing "Director Mode" which would enable you to take control of npcs, and build things for a dungeon master-esque feel. If you do start planning npc jobs, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind having the friendly competition of Tom's ship and crew. If you'd like I could help pitch in to build locations for your npc jobs. I bet that after some time, that the rp will take off where other people will be utilizing the services of our character's ships.)

16. Ratmanners

Ratmanners New Member

( Depending on how you like the system I work up, and how your crew likes it, too, I wouldn't mind hosting larger events! I just want to work everything out with my measly crew before I start anything with a second one. )

17. Zarentill

Zarentill New Member

Hello everyone! I'm pretty sure I'm a new member of this crew. Things seemed to go... sort of well during my interview... Well, anyways, I just wanted to say I look forward to meeting anyone who joins up with us!

-Tira'Edan​

18. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

:Sound File Recieved:

Are you ssstill hiring? Floranss birth-name isss Crowliss. Good at ssswordss and ssurvival. When can we ssset up an interview?

-Crowliss