1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Axel's Atlas of Worlds

Discussion in 'Archives' started by SP3CTR3, Jul 7, 2015.

1. SP3CTR3

SP3CTR3 Flipping Tables at ignorance!

In my travels of the Antares sector I've had the opportunity to see many a strange oddity here and among them some of the finest of wares, music, architectural feats and foods. I've had a chance to experience some of the most amazing and beautiful places in the verse itself. I've been lucky to avoid the famines, dangerous beasts and bandits so far, not to mention the delicate balance of death pressure and the inside of my tin can so I feel that collecting some of that knowledge I've gained into a single file would be useful for any who might give this sector a pass through. I would invite others to add their own places and impressions to the thread of this Atlas site as well so that the information flows onward. So without further ado...

THE COLONIES

THE MAWL
    X: 42 Y:19
    A dirty rusty ol' place with a sharp tinge of alcohol on the breeze that passes through the tunnels that make up the settlement. The surface of this world is barren and rocky, a desert wasteland that houses some dangerous and poisonous creatures that can stand the heat and abrasive winds. Despite all that, a thriving colony is beginning to grow and even perhaps, to flourish. The place is not for all however, this is a haven of criminals and salvagers, so caution and readiness are advised to all travelers who make a stop here...
    [​IMG]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

UWAJIMA
    X: -116 Y: -2
    The world of Uwajima is a beautiful paradise of water and warmth. The gracious host known as Tsuyoshi Takashiro, is skilled in running a smooth colony operation. He seems to have spared no expense to produce an almost ethereal recreation of the fabled Hyotl Dojos of old. This land more than any other I've visited is a beauty to behold. However the downside is a world of complete and total adherence to the policies of Master Takashiro and a vague Hyotl Homeworld organization or government, and this is the reason that it has not flourished in my opinion. I had the unlucky chance to meet someone he slighted not long ago, and they disagreed with my initial opinion of him for he is not only strict but also a perfectionist. Gave me a nice scar to remember them by. Since then I've often wondered what Takashiro's real ambitions are for Uwajima...
    [​IMG]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DEXTER GARDEN
    X: -68 Y: 23
    This fair world was enjoyable to visit. I did not have much chance to experience it's locals but the beauty of architecture that utilized the surrounding natural landscapes gave this place an amazing aire of balance. It's summery nights made the soft glow of Dexter Garden's lanterns glow and redden the buildings of this beautiful world. The people were friendly enough however and very social compared to other Colonies I've visited.
    (OOC: This is apparently a crash loop trap currently.)

[​IMG]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW TETANUS
    X: -35 Y: -37
    <Closed/From unknown disaster>
    I visited this urban landscape only once in my time in the Sector. It was quite nice, very solid architecture and a vibrant economy probably because of the two racial groups which make up this world's population, the Floran and Glitch lands respectively. Pleasant parks and walkways paved the way across this world. Sadly, it was a victim, I'm told, of some natural disaster. The likes of which I've never fully been told. Afterwards in the ensuing chaos, the settlements were picked nearly clean of valuables. This happening quite recently.
    (OOC: This is apparently a crash loop trap currently.)

[​IMG]
    I know that this is in no way complete. This is why I'm sending a shout out to all who might have an addition to the explorer's Atlas of Worlds, please include a screen of your navcom so that others can find the places you've been. As I travel I'll also update this page. If you have any unique suggestions please write to my starmail address. uncletravellingaxel@starmail

(OOC: If you like to build, this is your chance to show off your stuff in an IC way! ^_^ )

#1 SP3CTR3, Jul 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2015