1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Avalon is gone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Biscuit, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Biscuit

Biscuit New Member

Sooo... We need to figure out how to explain Avalon DISAPPEARING in RP if the server admins can't get it back. Anyone got any ideas?

2. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

All it would take is grabbing one of the old backups and rolling it into the new version. If for whatever reason it's gone, it's at the discretion of the colony leader(s) to decide wether or not it was OOC or IC. If I remember correctly, Aiko has always opted for OOC rebuilds.

3. Corvus

Corvus New Member

Just make it gone forever. Make sure that people go to real colonies.
    COME AT ME.
    FITE ME IRL.

4. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

SHOTS FIRED

5. Biscuit

Biscuit New Member

#KILLEMSQUAD LOL #REKT

6. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

U js mad i so stylin

7. Corvus

Corvus New Member

Fkn bstrd lli gt u nxt tim!

8. Biscuit

Biscuit New Member

Aiko, what do you think, though?

9. White

White The Guy who is always working.

Who Stole Avalon!

10. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

Think bout what? The only way they wouldn't be able to fix it is if they /wanted/ it to stay gone.
    *cough*
    It'll be back soon enough, we just need to be patient

11. Corvus

Corvus New Member

The Grinch Who Stole Avalon.

12. Hawke

Hawke ACK!

I've got good news and bad news for everyone.

The good news is it looks like Avalon's the only system that got screwed.

The bad news is it got screwed hard.

We're reasonably sure at this point Avalon got wiped due to custom assets being placed on the planet; short of reinstalling the modpack, maybe downgrading the server version (not sure if possible), and having the staff walk the planet looking for the offending prop, we're not too sure we're going to be able to fix it. If anyone has leads on this, please let us know. We promise we won't do anything to you.

Whether or not we can fix it, let this be a cautionary tale- Modified blocks are a no-no.

13. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

Worst case scenario we can roll back to a really really old backup.

14. White

Sounds exactly how my spaceship got screwed over, I think there might been a "invisible" custom item you know the glitch when someone placed a item, which is there, but isn't ? i ain't experienced/known much about it myself, heard only way to remove such is to go into sp place the custom item exactly back on top of the spot its "supposed to be" and the mine it away.

can't say i know where such a custom item would be myself thou, We used some dispensers when working on the CC headquarter, but we removed them whenever we stopped building, and also with the ban on dispensers we removed all the dispensers that was placed. haven't see any custom items around the place either, could be that there were dispensers somewhere else when the server removed the mod, thus turning there to be a invisible item there?

only solution i could find was to go for a really old ship backup before i installed the dispenser mods and used the harmless yarn one instead.

most likely someone left a dispenser somewhere out of sight or so. so any build from before we moved from the the Sens first mod ( spawn blocks in crafting) to the dispenser shouldn't be compromised.

Which makes me cry, i cant spend another 4-5 days redoing CC. i simply don't have the rl time.

15. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

I saw multiple blocks left of spawn, past a pool house (the ilikecheating dispensers) once. Could it have been possible after a grief backup it was brought back?

As for downgrading, it's entirely simple. Replace starbound folder with old pirated version, load in backup + mods and go hunting. Time consuming, but Avalon will be saved.

16. Biscuit

Biscuit New Member

Yikes :/ This is getting scary.

17. Aleiksei

Aleiksei New Member

I walk avalon all day and can't think of a place with dispensers from the mods, so I'd advise checking people basements in priority

18. White

And roof's I've seen yarn spinners around on roofs, so i presume there might be stuff on the other roofs too. Only building that's been done in CC today was Alice, and i presume she didn't use any dispensers.

19. Cynthio

Cynthio New Member

Oh dear god I hope they can get CC back because like you said I and you CANNOT spend countless hours/days rebuilding all of that again, I hope they can get a relatively new backup for Avalon, please I can't and do not have the enthusiasm/energy to build all of it again.

20. Liraxus

Liraxus New Member

Hooooo boy, this is gonna be fun if we get rolled back really far, I've had a few colonists set up some really sweet shit so far and to see it go away really ticks me off.

Darn.