1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Not Approved Available Technology

Discussion in 'Character Questions' started by jo169, Oct 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. jo169

jo169 New Member

So, I had an idea of making a futuristic tron like villain, which was already introduced by my character to many people. I was told that ,lasers , shields and the fact of building large robots and creations, were infact available. Though, when I asked abvout gravity gloves, they wern't sure. So, I was wondering. Are gravity like gloves a thing?

2. Haplap

Haplap Happypaps

I'm unsure what you mean by gravity gloves, honestly. The idea is that most anything is allowed as long as you're able to explain how it would function. You don't need to explain astrophysics or anything, but an idea about what these gloves do and how they might function would be needed for us to tell if it's okay or not.

3. jo169

jo169 New Member

"To lift things under a certain weight limit without touching them

4. Haplap

Haplap Happypaps

Well, that doesn't help explain things much at all. How does that work? What's the weight limit? To be honest, telekinetic like devices are probably unlikely to be approved, simply because they're pretty much impossible to explain and can be rather overpowered in RP.

5. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

The main issue I see with this is the fact that there's no real way to explain this, along with the sorta powergamey aspect. Gravity is created in a field that attracts stuff in a full diameter of something (see: Earth's gravity.). You couldn't really achieve picking up one thing without picking up everything else infront of, behind, and beside you. Plus this seems like push for literal telekinetic gloves/the force under a different name.

6. Coolguy

Coolguy Coolest mod around

Yeah, there really isn't any way to actually manipulate objects without physically manipulating them in some way I believe, as you can't produce a force out of nowhere. Unless you can provide a reasonable explanation for how they could work, I'm going to have to deny this, as other players would also question how they work, and an inability to provide info would cause problems on both ends.