1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Audio Journal of Toby [Surname Unknown]

Discussion in 'Character Journals' started by AllyaMuromets, Aug 19, 2016.

1. AllyaMuromets

AllyaMuromets I AM the danger.

The recording opens with several seconds of silence, before a loud bang is heard from the keyboard beside the microphone.

Come on, you fackin' thing... Oh, It's on.

Toby clear's his throat.

Uhh... Stahdate somethin' somethin', ship commanda' Toby speakin'. Jus' turned in a big-ass score, got a lot of cash, but I'm stahtin' to muscle in on Shank's territory. Been sendin' his boys to come track me down, tell me to stop operatin'. Fuck em', I say.

The sound of a glass mug being dropped on the floor and shattering can be heard.

Fuck. That was my bes' one. Whateva.
    Donny, the bahtenda' back home, he said I should make some audio logs to distrac' myself from these withdrawls. Gettin' the shakes like some freakin' addict. But ayy, city nevah' sleeps and neitha' do I. Currently on cruise to a new place, hopefully there ain't no gangs set up. Last thing I need is to get capped by some son of a bitch for tryna' stir up some bees in his own nest. I don't want no trouble, you know? Just doin' my part to keep the druggies happy and my wallet fat...ty. Aight, that rhyme didn't work so good but whatva we can work on it.

Some scratching is heard, and something falls onto the floor. Toby's chair creaks noisily as he turns around.

Hey, get the fack offa' there you dick!

Another clatter, presumably something that Toby threw, and in the distance you can hear a cat yell and hiss.

God I hate those things. Always fuckin' around in my ship. I swear, I got like ten of em' back there and all of em' stay fackin' put except this fackin' ma'hshmellow-lookin' bastard. I can't wait to offload this at the spaceport. One more of these fack's pisses in my bedspread, I'm gonna make a new fackin' tennis racquet an' its gonna be strung with catgut.

His chair creaks once more as he turns around.

You hear that, you shit? Catgut!

Anyway, Captain Toby signin' off.

A click is heard, and another voice speaks up, and it sounds like its from a speaker.

"Sir, did you know you're speaking over the radio?"

There is a silence for about ten seconds before the audio goes dead.

1 person likes this.