1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Audio Files Aboard the Saggitarrion (Pyxis)

Discussion in 'Character Journals' started by Mariel141, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Mariel141

Mariel141 New Member

*WARNING. WARNING. INCOMING MASS. SHIELDS DOWN.*
    "Stars and novas, you think I don't know it? Turn faster, turn faster!" Sounds of struggling, buttons pressed, the throttle squeaking in dismay at the rough treatment. "Come on, come on!"
    *ORBITING THRUSTERS NON RESPONSIVE*
    "I can see that!!! Spool the FTL drive!"
    *Please enter new coordinates"
    *WARNING. WARNING. INCOMING MASS. SHIELDS DOWN. IMPACT IMMINENT."
    "I don't care! Somewhere! Anywhere! Any place that isn't a damned asteroid storm!" Sound of possibly a fist hitting the FTL console.
    *Spooling FTL Drive*
    *WARNING. WARNING. INCOMING MASS. SHIELDS DOWN. IMPACT IMMINENT."
    *Jumping in three, two...*
    "Come ooooooonnn...."
    *WARNING. WAR--"
    ---zzzt---

2. Mariel141

Mariel141 New Member

Saggitarrion Log
    Coordinates: -877424900, 875659531
    Heavy damage sustained. Hind sections beyond engine destroyed. Thrusters offline. FTL offline. Fueling system offline. S.A.I.L. online.
    *Welcome back User: Pyxis.*

"Howdy Saggi. Well, I can fix one of those things at least."

*You have obtained enough core fragments?*

"Heh, didn't obtain 'em so much as a friend lent 'em to me. Remember that tall drink of moonshine we had on board earlier? Back when I was trying to kick the cabin door down? His name is Lonestar, and he's a right gentleman. Gave me more core fragments than we could ever need, and showed me around his ship a bit. Whooo, we got a long way to go before you're lookin' that fine again, let me tell you."

*Well, I was recently jumped through an asteroid storm when my pilot did not take the avoidance course I recommended.*

"Aww, come on Saggi, that would have taken foreeever. You know the shortest route from point A to point B is a straight line, not a bunch of wiggly back and forths across half a system."

*At our current speed and capacity, time to reach our original destination is 4,125,498,345,953,141.43 solar cycles. If avoidance course had been followed, original destination would have been reached in .00001425 solar cycles.*

"Look, d'you want these core fragments or not?"

*Please insert core fragments into the autorepair module*

"Please insert my boot in your holographic be-hind." Sound of stone against metal.

*Repairs underway.*