1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Asteroid Colony

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Redwilt, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Redwilt

Redwilt Washed up has been

So I've spent about seven hours or so in total taking an asteroid field's base and turning it into a mini colony. Do I register it as a colony or just a private "resort?" It currently supports six people but I do plan on expanding it again... eventually...

It's also in the X - sector.

2. Cynthio

Cynthio New Member

About your signature, you do realise it's permitted to cheat your way through almost everything since this is just a roleplay server? Plus if you have installed the mod pack or just creative mode then feel free to cheat away cause everyone else is. Also this looks like a pretty cool idea, I'd be happy to have one of my characters live there or something.

3. Narial

Narial Tyrant of Bananas

Some people like to do things other ways since everyone is different on there play style.

4. Silver

Silver Ain't no thing like me 'cept me.

Basically this. If someone wants to go all the way up to t10 the vanilla way, I say it be allowed. After all, that's what I did in SP before arriving at the server. -- Still have gaps in my recipe list that I enjoy hunting down. That said, I do spawn in blocks for building.

Oh and to actually answer the question, this is what I recall. (Check it with a moderator to be sure.)

If five different players live upon a settle and a moderator comes by to inspect and gives it a thumbs up, it's a colony. I suggest PMing a senior moderator to get this done, :).

Also I wouldn't mind visiting.

5. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

I don't imagine the combination of being in an asteroid field and also being in sector X will appeal to people much. Just saying.

6. Cynthio

Cynthio New Member

Well it's not going to appeal to you, but it might to other people so just like it be an idea for now until it's either completed and built or people want to live there etc.

7. Redwilt

I didn't install the community mod pack until two days ago. I spent most of my time on the server getting to the X sector. I did use the mod pack to build the "colony" but it took me seven hours or so because I had to mine out all the rocks

8. Cynthio

Cynthio New Member

Well what did you use to mine those rocks with, the Supper Matter Manipulator yes?

9. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

I really hope not, but that would certainly explain why we've been crashing so much.

10. Cynthio

Cynthio New Member

Exactly.

11. Silver

If it took seven hours, I sincerely doubt that it involved the super matter manipulator. Additionally, the community mod pack does not contain the super matter manipulator, so I -know- it did not involve the super matter manipulator.

Also could we stay on topic?

12. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

This has been attempted in the past. People find that living in a place where you have to wear that backpack to live is kind of annoying. I've been lobbying for enviro-blocks, items that create atmosphere such as heat and air so that you can have a station with air inside of it. Until that time though, it's better to go to a planet, raise spawn into orbit, then build a space station. That way, you can pretend heat is air as well, and set it up so that as soon as you leave airlock you lose heat and air. If you have any questions about raising spawn, or need help, I'd be glad to be of assistance.

13. White

White The Guy who is always working.

How do you raise a spawn ? or move it in general?

14. Silver

Find where you spawn and put down blocks to fill up the space. Spawn defaults up to the next available "blank space." Continue doing this and the Spawn will go higher and higher. So long as you have a platform below the new spawn point, it'll work, so once you set it to where you like it, you can begin removing the blocks below your new spawn platform area.

15. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

To raise spawn, beam down and place blocks under you while jumping. Intermittently beaming up and back down to make sure you're still going up. Once you have the desired height, leave some room and remove the giant pillar you built. Test it before going all out. You can raise the spawn indefinitely from what I've seen.

16. Redwilt

Thats an interesting method. Ill see about giving that a shot too. The asteroid place was mainly for my friends, ooc and ic, but its gotten pretty big.

I used the diamond drill. Takes about 9 or so ticks for magnarock and 7 for moonrock. Combined with crashes and having to redo some areas, it took a while. Not to mention I was flying to other asteroid fields to get resources (no mod pack at that point). Overall it was seven or so hours, but not in one sitting.