1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Application turnaround time?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nasias, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Nasias

Nasias New Member

Hello!

I posted an application on Tuesday at around 6pm GMT and even though I've had one response, telling me that I needed to change a few things (I had forgotten to include a certain word from the rules page), I'm still waiting for a reply. I was hoping that I could have been accepted the same day after making the changes, or the day after, but that wasn't the case and that's fine, but the weekend is approaching and I would've thought that I'd had a response by now. Twitch, the person who replied to me initially has been around since, so I don't understand why he'd ignore the application. I'll be rather disappointed if I miss out on being able to play over the weekend since I'm quite eager to get involved in Starbound roleplay.

I was wondering how long applications usually take to get looked at-- and whether it's worth me waiting for a reply or if I should start looking for another server to play on.

Thanks!

2. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

I can only answer: its worth it. Best RP server.

3. Trite

Trite New Member

Applications are slow since there are a lot of them. That and the starbound servers all around have been going through technical issues. Lots of little things taking away time from mods to check through.

It'll eventually get through though :^)

4. Nasias

Nasias New Member

That's fair enough, but having to wait for such a long time is quite disappointing. I feel a tad lost in "the system" :p

I would've thought with many applications (as said), that someone would be dedicated to the task of processing them, rather than everyone tending to everything.

5. Trite

Trite New Member

We're actually in the process of implementing staff just for that actually! I can't speak for the moderators but I'm sure the slow pace is just a temporary thing. Sorry you have to go through that, we always like new members.

6. Nasias

Nasias New Member

I see. Is there much of a likelyhood that it will be taken care of by this weekend? I would love to get started before I have another week of 12-hour shifts to tend to.

7. Ivrian

Ivrian New Member

Patience is key here, there is little to be done about it. The moderators have their hands full with their duties already. Im sure it will be looked into when they have the time. But from what I remember untill your application is accepted your not allowed to post on the forums, except PM the moderators.

8. Chronicle

Chronicle nobody knows why he's still here

I've heard from some that we've gotten over forty applications a day for this server. I do not know if that number is still accurate, but I do know that the people I know whom are mods tend to be rather swamped. However many applications we get, it's a lot.

They do get to them as quickly as they can, though. I think a couple of them have their duties solely dedicated to answering applications. So, I can't guarantee when exactly yours will get answered, but I'm sure it will be as quickly as they can manage.

Paperwork is awful.

9. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

Who here remembers applying and getting the password all within an hour?

10. Nasias

Nasias New Member

Not entirely certain if that's genuine or not, but, considering that I had a response a few hours after I first applied, but now several days later; nothing-- and the fact that the views of the application keep increasing but there's no replies, then I'd have thought that I'd have had a response by now. People who can deal with it are evidently looking at it, but just not replying.

I'm not trying to sound impatient or pushy in the slightest, but I'm a tad confused about what's going on.

11. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

This was when the server first opened and we didn't have our own forum!