1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Apex Viral Program

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Alyxx, Jun 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alyxx

Alyxx New Member

As many of you should know, the Apex have been doing Bioengineering like if they had no tomorrow.

I believe, that at some point they mixed Bioengineering with Informatics and Networks.

The result is that a consciousness was popped inside a computer, that quickly jumped into Starnet, as it scattered through the trillions of Informatic systems existing in Antares.

...And it's seeking for help.

I dunno, this is just an idea. It might be good, it might be a terrible excuse for Rp'ing, or just something that will pop for a day or two, to get forgotten in the sands of time.

But for me, it's an interesting concept of someone that lost their body, and now is roaming Starnet, looking for someone that is capable of helping him / her to recover their "real" Him/Her/"It".

Of course, everyone's mind can always add something to the mix. Maybe it can take a Glitch's body, or make a new one from a Printer, or simply show up as an holographic A.I.

...Of course, the Minikong could be searching a way to stop these consciousness-es, as they could say / show something they don't want to be public.

Now, this is how I kinda imagined the start of this:

--

*...After a few minutes of random static and ocassional sparklings sounds, a wall of text appears on the screen of your PDA / Ship's console / Portable device connected to Starnet. Everything seems to be some kind of code, from Apex origin. After a few minutes, the wall of text decodifies itself, turning into a simple code:

>[Sys]Initializing, please wait...
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >[StrNt]...Transmiting package, please wait...
    >[StrNt]...Package sent.
    >.
    >[Sys]Warning: Virus detected.
    >[Sys]Filename: "AVP.EXE".
    >[Usr]Automaticallly Deleting file, please wait...
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >...
    >[Error]Delete.Exe not found.
    >[Sys]Manual Override detected.
    >...
    >[Sys]Forcing sh...
    >[Sys]Forci...
    >[Sys]F...
    >...
    >...
    >//"...I need you. I can help you. I have escaped my prison. I am free. Help me."
    >...
    >.
    >[Usr]Response.DAT-Y/N
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >[Sys]RequestTimeOut.
    >[Sys]Exiting...
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >//"...Do not leave me here... Please..."

*Side note: This could also affect AI's connected to StarNet, at the player's will.

2. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

I like it. This could turn out to be huge!

#nousefulinputhohoho

3. Alyxx

Alyxx New Member

:D

*Aherm*

Welp, I'm just dropping the idea, but if you're free to try it out, I have a little AI free for use.

4. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

I think it's a good idea, could lead to some interesting RP! My only concern is this AI consciousness could be powergamed. There should be some limit to its networking capability, as in it shouldn't be able to freely hack into private secured stuff or open a ships airlocks or fire a ships nuclear missiles at an unsuspecting colony or whatnot. Overall I love the idea, just make sure you use caution with the AI's abilities.

5. Alyxx

Alyxx New Member

Yeah... I thought of them too... An I came up with these solutions:

-The AI's NEVER capable of touching living matter, as it's a Hologram, unless it takes over a Glitch -That will act like a Zombie, instead like a normal one.
    -Of course, every system in and out of Starnet has a pretty Firewall, blocking access to unwanted viruses. (Unless they both agree in something).
    -The consciousness' RP'er would always need consent of the other RP'er to do massive stuff, like the ones you mentioned.

I just hope that y'all don't start bombing colonies from the inside with this idea. -.-

6. Animator

Animator New Member

Sounds familiar.

Very familiar.

This is a cool idea, but try to make it that the solution is beyond unattainable, and that the goal in hand requires a ton of characterization/sacrifice/hard work to get to, if they even want it in the end. I can bet that half the people that roleplay here who have any sort of engineering/mechanical characters would be willing to give your character a body instantaneously; not because it's bad RP on their part, but because it just comes naturally to help people out for most characters.

7. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Sadly, thats probably true, considering it's what I would do. Drat us helpful nice types.

8. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

After discussing this amonst the staff, we've unfortunately come to the conclusion that this won't be allowed. Apologies.

9. Animator

Animator New Member

THE COUNCIL HAS SPOKEN

10. Alyxx

Alyxx New Member

...And so, the idea Combusted in flames before even being real.

Yay!

But at least this reached the "Council" before anyone commiting a mistake.

And with this, I declare this idea closed, untill someone in the Staff decides to modify this at their own will.

#10 Alyxx, Jun 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.