1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Ape Flu Ice Bucket Challenge: Sprocket

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Thewaltham, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Thewaltham

Thewaltham New Member

*The video opens to Sprocket underneath a wooden frame suspending a bucket full of ice cold water, with a rope ready to dump it.*

Ok... There's this new thing going around, according to the starnet page, this is a re-run of a challenge used to raise awareness for ALS. Some sort of disease affecting the nervous system I think?

So... there's a problem, getting doused with ice cold water as a species that has evolved to live in tropical climates... I don't know what's going to happen.

Anyway, i'm just stalling... ten... nine...

No, that just gives you too long to think about it. Uh... on one!

One!

*She pulls on the rope, the water splashes all over her*

Gah! Oh god that's cold! Ech! *gasping for breath*

*the video cuts out, and re opens again with her looking into the camera, soaked, shivering like crazy and wrapped in all the towels she can find*

So... the next thing I have to do is nominate more people for this challenge. Oh hell yes, if i'm going to suffer through this, you are too. Ok...

I nominate Yukari, Julius, Treeknife and Frank for this. You have 24 hours.

*The video cuts off with Sprocket mumbling "oh god that was cold why did I do that...?"*

[OOC] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amyotrophic_lateral_sclerosis What the ice bucket challenge was made for]

2. LaserLlamas

LaserLlamas Mother of the Pack

Confused: Why wouldn't you just try curing it instead of dumping a bucket of water on your head?

-Margrave Raoul B217

3. Thewaltham

Thewaltham New Member

It's to raise awareness, doing something crazy to inform more people about the problem, and get people involved. I'm not a scientist, I have no idea how to cure Ape Flu, still donated though.

4. LaserLlamas

. . . Blunt: Ape Flu was a lie created by the Miniknog to encourage its Apex to get regular shots that were filled with chemically enhanced drugs that in no way, shape, or form, aided in the resistance to this "Ape Flu." -Her voice jumbles and distorts- Resuming: Ape Flu was just a lie made by the Miniknog to discreetly experiment on their own without having to worry about them putting up a fight.

-Margrave Raoul B217

5. Shinki

Shinki New Member

*chuckles*
    Well, that wouldn't explain the bloody epidemic that happened to some fellows in Wolves Den a bit back.
    Unless it was an act of biological warfare against basically everyone in Antares, Ape Flu does in fact have symptoms and does exist.
    I saw it with my own eyes.

-Sept

6. LaserLlamas

Informative: What you're referring to is a virus that seemed capable of adapting very quickly to infect hosts of different races. Recalling: The doctors who worked on it didn't seem to be doing much at all, and it in fact got worse. Before they even touched it, the virus didn't even evolve, and patients were fine within a week after proper care in the clinic.

-Margrave Raoul B217

7. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

Ye, an' how do you know it was Ape Flu? I wasn't around much back then, but it seems to me that a lot of people got sick, an' no one died. In fact, it didn' seem very bad at all. Like havin' a bad cold. Propa' care got'm through. 'Sides. Ape Flu sounds like it's suppose to effect Apes. 'Ow many apes even got sick?

-Monroe

8. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

This is dumb.
    - Sc@v3ng3r

9. Switchback

Switchback Iss likess fissh eyess~!

Floran wassnt even properly cared for. jusst given musscle relaxerss and left in bed to fight it off hersself.
    Floran sshouldnt have trussted Asshford to begin with anyway... hsss.. Apex....

~Sharptooth

10. Switchback

Switchback Iss likess fissh eyess~!

* video file uploaded*

* Its Rakael sitting at her desk with a bucket near her, she looks at the bucket then back to the camera. lifting the bucket and pouring the contents on herself...
    The contents being Pixels, not water and ice *

How about instead of wasting water and ice, you donate?

~Rakael

11. Jnick22

Jnick22 New Member

I think this is a splendid way to raise awareness. I hope that it can encourage more people to donate in future times.
    -Silt

12. Shinki

Shinki New Member

*Holotape starts, with Septimus, Shoukaku, and a couple robots sitting around a table*
    Septimus: This. Is a bucket.

Shoukaku: dear God...
    Septimus: There's more.
    Shoukaku: No...
    Septimus: It contains the dying wis- Alright, dump it on yourself already.
    Shoukaku: Alright, sir.
    *Shoukaku proceeds to dump the contents on herself, namely being papers. Lots of papers.*

Septimus: Oh, just saying, that's all your paperwork now. I'm just not in the mood to sign all those, you can instead.
    *Shoukaku seethes with anger, and slaps Septimus, then shuts off the holo-recorder*

13. Donovennn

Donovennn New Member

*Hans*

As a person that has the disease, I'm glad to hear that people care enough about the issue to raise awareness.
    Also... I wasn't aware that there was a cure... Can it really be done?

14. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

Odd. That soun's like 'racism'. Bit hypocritical don' ya think?
    -Monroe.

15. Donovennn

Donovennn New Member

*Hans*

*a video pops up of a young floran of indeterminate gender. It is holding a bucket of ice water, and looks very nervous*

O-ok... Um... I was, um, I decided that I want to help the other people who have this, so, uh, I'm, gonna do this too...
    N-now, t-this sort of thing isn't going to go away, I mean, the thing is, even if you survive, the disease is still dormant in you, and can get other people hurt. L-let's see... I have... ten thousand I'll donate, and I'm gonna do the bucket thing... Um... I don't know if I'm doing this right....
    *The Floran quickly dumps the bucket over his/herself, and flinches a bit at the cold. It then slips on the ice, landing on the floor. It sits up, trying to smile for the camera*
    So yeah, um, that's about it, I guess...
    *He/she turns the video off*

16. Kumakin

Kumakin New Member

(( Fun fact. The Charity only donates 17% of what they gain from their donations. ))

17. Ariexe

Ariexe New Member

-Merchant

*Video clip starts with an over excited merchant bot*
    Joy: Oh boy a challenge! I love challenges! Statement: even beside the fact I'm not programmed to "love".
    Statement: Because if i'm sprayed with water, I will rust! Therefor! I'm going to give myself a mild shock! Which is equally as pain full as dumping a recourse many dying humans need!
    *The ridiculous looking glitch plugs a wire into himself and he begins spazzing out, after a few seconds he unplugs himself and a smoke emits off his body*
    Reaction: Woo! Statement: That was a... Shock! *badum-tish.sfx*
    Statement: Support ape flu.. or whatever the the challenge is for. I know I wont be donating because i'm only designed to sell! Request: Buy some hats! Wile your at it, Buy some guns!
    Statement: I challenge that one lady I sold a nice red hat too... Pandora I believe her name was. and I challenge my master. the cute Mute girl! Joy: Ho yes this will be a blast!
    *the video cuts out*

18. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Why are people doing this?
    Why not just donate money?
    - Sc@v3ng3r

19. LaserLlamas

Blunt: It's rather obvious - They're idiots.

-Margrave Raoul B217

20. Donovennn

Donovennn New Member

*Hans*
    Um, I did the thing and donated money too. does that count?