1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Antique Pistol

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Menacing Melon, Jul 4, 2015.

1. *a dirty screen crackles to life on the screen and shows a man in a brown coat, blue-ish mask, and Scottish accent*

[​IMG]

Oi, 'ow are ya? Sorry 'bout the quality of this here camera, been lying around here for who knows how long. I'm not saying me name, but ya can call me Pilot. Why, Because I said so. Now, I have buisness in gun makers, and antique collectors. I'm looking for a remodeled real flintlock pistol, or a pistol modeled after a real one. It needs to be effective in combat in today's day and age. I'm willing to negotiate price.

Salutations,
    Pilot​

2. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

I swear to god, if you try to use this thing in combat...
    They're called fucking antiques for a damn reason. They're outdated and rare. Using one in fucking combat is only a good way to let yourself be in the belly of a murdersalad as well as the damn gun being used to make... I dunno... plant dildos or someshit.
    - "Unity"

3. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

-JOmbre
    What is with you people and antique weaponry? I may be able to understand it if it was just to hang on your wall or something, but a flintlock pistol is useless in combat. They cannot pierce even the most rudimentary body armor, they take forever to reload, they're easily seen, and they're horribly inaccurate. It cannot be effective in this day and age and still remain, at its core, a flintlock weapon, due to the very nature of its design.

While I would usually offer my services in creation of such a weapon, I feel both our time and money would be wasted on such a feat.

Good day 'Pilot'.

4. Shadeykins

Shadeykins New Member

Eh. Any weapon can kill someone with the right amount of application.

Seen plenty of guys whose intestines were perforated because of someone getting stab-happy with a screwdriver.

Don't some of the more basic murdersalads use slingshots, anyways?

- Fullstop

5. Doctor Frohman

Whatever they can get their claws on.
    - "Unity"

6. Oi, I wish in general for a model that can be effective in combat, the look is what Im looking for, I understand where ya be comin' from. but can a man be interested in history. I may have been not clear enough. I mean an Item that is real and updated OR a Pistol Modeled after one. If ye be not willing to take an antique and clear out the insides and replace it to make it effective, Make one that is modeled after one.
    I know this be a decently difficult task getting around the design of the old fashioned thing but I be willing to pay. Say what ya want. I understand what i want, if ya cant give it to me, that's fine, you can F*** off! Does it really matter to you that much?

7. Froot

Froot OH SO VERY NICE

To be fair, in this day and age a gun could be made that looks like a flintlock but functions identically to, say, one of Mr. Ombre's handguns. It would almost certainly mean the actual mechanism of a flintlock would be purely cosmetic however if you just want something that LOOKS like a flintlock pistol, that probably wouldn't be hard. But why a flintlock specifically, anyways?
    - Lyro Wallbreaker

8. My love for history Is great, and a powerful force in my life, another thing Is the element of surprise. Think about how you may react if you are in full body Armour, If a man pulls an old pistol that can't pierce any normal Armour, you would be surprised to see it do some damage.
    - Pilot

9. Solour

Solour a dad

WHY IN THE HELL WOULD YOU WANT A GOD-DAMN FLINTLOCK.

ESPECIALLY FOR COMBAT. ARE YOU DAMAGED. THERE IS NO WAY TO MAKE IT /COMBAT/ EFFECTIVE, WITHOUT TAKING AWAY WHAT A FLINTLOCK IS! YOU CANNOT "BOOST" A BULLET. ESPECIALLY WITH SOMETHING WITH THE FUNCTION AS A FLINTLOCK. WHAT IF YOU MISS? "HOLD ON MAN LET ME RELOAD." DOES THIS MAKE SENSE. DO YOU REALIZE HOW STUPID YOU ARE. THANK YOU. HAVE A NICE DAY. I AM MAD.

-B.B.

10. Froot

Froot OH SO VERY NICE

Wait, were you that guy asleep on the Mawl?
    -A.S.

11. Doctor Frohman

Very fuckin descriptive.
    - "Unity"

12. Froot

Froot OH SO VERY NICE

Sorry. The guy falling asleep as I tried to boot him out of the recreational area of Smokestack's shipyard, who had a Scottish accent and a blueish mask, and was being a dick to me, and I subsequently had to get Max to kick him out forcefully.
    Is that descriptive enough for you?
    -A.S.

13. Doctor Frohman

Yeup. This might be him, but all Scottish people are dicks so... who knows?
    - "Unity"

14. Day Tripper

Day Tripper miller ball breaker

I take offence to that.

-R.O.

15. Doctor Frohman

Good.
    - "Unity"

16. skeletor

skeletor Banned

i don't know about you but i'd much rather buy a flintlock for 2000 pixels instead of an actually effective weapon for 700

- shitlord3000

17. ErinKeen

ErinKeen New Member

Okay. "You're an idiot." How's that?

- E

18. Wreth

Wreth New Member

Floran has Plasma Flintlocks

Nurora.

19. Tazerok

Tazerok New Member

By plasma flintlocks you mean modern plasma weapons that are designed to look like flintlocks, correct? Flintlock weapons utilize flint and steel to ignite gunpowder, there is no such thing as an actual "plasma flintlock".

-SentinelBlue0982

20. Wreth

Wreth New Member

Nobody cares.

Nurora.